Old 19-12-2006, 11:35 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default What will goats not eat? Christmas goats and other presents.

meeee wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
"Linda H" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
Nope, they should gobble down the lot. AFAIK onions are out, but
everything else should be fine. They're smart enough not to eat the
onions (usually)
Thank you!
Lol no worries Not even mum's chooks eat the onion peels, weird.
It makes their eyes water.
Ah, finally an explanation!

I wondered why anyone would need an explanation. With eyes on both sides
of your face you would hafta be crazy to want to cry, when obviously not
designed not to do so.

How do they cry? I've never seen a crying chicken, although chickens do
hiccup according to the Wiggles.

Youre computer clock is all wrong. So I'm replying evan b4 you ask the
question.

Old 19-12-2006, 11:49 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Jonno" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
"Linda H" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
Nope, they should gobble down the lot. AFAIK onions are out, but
everything else should be fine. They're smart enough not to eat the
onions (usually)
Thank you!
Lol no worries Not even mum's chooks eat the onion peels, weird.
It makes their eyes water.
Ah, finally an explanation!
I wondered why anyone would need an explanation. With eyes on both sides
of your face you would hafta be crazy to want to cry, when obviously not
designed not to do so.

How do they cry? I've never seen a crying chicken, although chickens do
hiccup according to the Wiggles.

You have to believe me. They cant, so its a conflict of interest. They
dont know how, so they end up a nervous wreck. Anyway were all about
goats, which would be a great name for a new franchise.

I can do the Wacky Goat Cartoon Mascot thingy...we have a restaurant up here
called 'The stumbling goat' for some reason. And the wiggles keep assuring
me that, somewhere out there, a chicken with the hiccups *is* down the road.

Old 19-12-2006, 11:54 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Jonno" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
"Linda H" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
Nope, they should gobble down the lot. AFAIK onions are out, but
everything else should be fine. They're smart enough not to eat the
onions (usually)
Thank you!
Lol no worries Not even mum's chooks eat the onion peels, weird.
It makes their eyes water.
Ah, finally an explanation!
I wondered why anyone would need an explanation. With eyes on both sides
of your face you would hafta be crazy to want to cry, when obviously not
designed not to do so.

How do they cry? I've never seen a crying chicken, although chickens do
hiccup according to the Wiggles.

Youre computer clock is all wrong. So I'm replying evan b4 you ask the
question.

Oh. Pre-emptive striking the goat thread. And what time is my post showing
up there? That's a typical usenet complaint...'Your computer time is all
wrong' along with, 'Google keeps deleting my posts. Can anyone see me?' and
the variant on this...'Stop posting the same post 27 times, we can see you.'
Not forgetting of course....'I have decided to unsubscribe from this group,
as nobody answers my posts, you all hate me and I'm going to go and cover
myself in strawberry jam and jump into a herd of wild goats. And Sarah is a
slutty whore who deals crack, lives at 198 evergreen terrace Michigan, and
the police are on their way to your house right now sarah because i put a
complaint in with The Authorities. Goodbye cruel world. Don't post to me,
because I won't be here to see them as I am now unsubscribing. Plonk'
None of which has anything to do with goats, so technically I should have
shoved 'OT' in there somewhere.

Old 19-12-2006, 11:55 AM posted to aus.gardens

meeee wrote:
"meeee" wrote in message
"Jonno" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
"Linda H" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
[...]

Can you tell I'm very bored and trying to avoid writing a paper on 'What to
expect when considering ownership of a Siamese Cat' or some such rubbish...?

OK Tell you what, i'll forget all I know about goats if you learn to
remember goto time Eg Taskbar rhs of computer scream click rhs mouse
click on time /Adjust time and date/ internet time/ and type in
time.optusnet.com.au in where it says server. then UPDATE NOW. You will
have done yourself and me a favour. Otherwise I
'll answer you before you ask the question

Old 19-12-2006, 12:12 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Jonno" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
"meeee" wrote in message
"Jonno" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
"Linda H" wrote in message
meeee wrote:
[...]

Done, done and done!! And thanks a mill by the way, I knew it was off, as
are all the clocks in the house * but didn't know how to fix it. Bah humbug
windows time....

*DH insists on all clocks running at least 5 minutes fast. Both our families
are eternally late, and he lives in fear of Ever being late Anywhere. Now
I'm not going to tell him I've screwed with the computer time, and watch
what happens....mwahahaha!!

Old 19-12-2006, 12:40 PM posted to aus.gardens

meeee wrote:

...and I'm going to go and cover
myself in strawberry jam and jump into a herd of wild goats.

Again??
Old 19-12-2006, 12:42 PM posted to aus.gardens

meeee wrote:

Bah humbug
windows time....

I don't know if it'd make you feel any better but I usually just drive
around with my car clock on daylight saving time all year coz I can't
easily change it.
Old 19-12-2006, 12:51 PM posted to aus.gardens

Jonno wrote:

Dunno but suggest the goats will know.

This arvo as I drove out to go Christmas shopping the goat-owner
neighbour was out the front doing something with her horses so I stopped
and asked if I could put the peelings over my back fence for her goats
but she got all intense and fussy about it saying they can't have this
and they can't have that and not rhubarb and not blah-blah-blah.

So I just thought stuff it in the end and decided is was about time to
start that compost heap I've been meaning to start for a year. (This is
nuts but the last huge lot of peelings I actually froze - so they
wouldn't go off - until I started that compost.)

I know, I'm a bit mental but hey, I'm not the one who's going to cover
themselves in strawberry jam and do something sticky with goats. (Not
pointing at anyone.)

Old 19-12-2006, 12:52 PM posted to aus.gardens

Chookie wrote:

They don't eat raw potato peelings, and you shouldn't offer them anything
poisonous like rhubarb leaves,

Ah-ha, yes, that's what the neighbour said!

Old 19-12-2006, 08:27 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Linda H" wrote in message
u...
meeee wrote:

Bah humbug
windows time....

I don't know if it'd make you feel any better but I usually just drive
around with my car clock on daylight saving time all year coz I can't
easily change it.

Don't get me started on the car clock...is it just me, or do they exist in
an entirely different dimension? Ours changes time spontaneously and without
warning, and I've given up changing it back.

Old 19-12-2006, 08:29 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Linda H" wrote in message
u...
Jonno wrote:

Dunno but suggest the goats will know.

This arvo as I drove out to go Christmas shopping the goat-owner neighbour
was out the front doing something with her horses so I stopped and asked
if I could put the peelings over my back fence for her goats but she got
all intense and fussy about it saying they can't have this and they can't
have that and not rhubarb and not blah-blah-blah.

So I just thought stuff it in the end and decided is was about time to
start that compost heap I've been meaning to start for a year. (This is
nuts but the last huge lot of peelings I actually froze - so they wouldn't
go off - until I started that compost.)

I know, I'm a bit mental but hey, I'm not the one who's going to cover
themselves in strawberry jam and do something sticky with goats. (Not
pointing at anyone.)

Hey, that was an 'example' not an episode from real life....well, the
strawberry jam was. The goat, unfortunately, did not make it.

Old 19-12-2006, 08:29 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Linda H" wrote in message
u...
Chookie wrote:

They don't eat raw potato peelings, and you shouldn't offer them anything
poisonous like rhubarb leaves,

Ah-ha, yes, that's what the neighbour said!

Stuff 'er...grow yourself some good compost instead!!

Old 19-12-2006, 10:30 PM posted to aus.gardens

Linda H wrote:
Chookie wrote:

They don't eat raw potato peelings, and you shouldn't offer them
anything poisonous like rhubarb leaves,

Ah-ha, yes, that's what the neighbour said!

Ah goat lovers are all in love with their goats and bloody fussy too.
Seems like theyre in good hands.

To eat or not to eat (:-) Pete[_9_] United Kingdom 1 30-10-2012 10:42 PM
What will goats not eat? Jonno Australia 2 04-12-2006 12:41 AM
Boer Goats Shlomit sci.agriculture 0 26-04-2003 12:31 PM
Boer Goats Shlomit sci.agriculture 0 10-04-2003 07:32 PM
Goats ate tree's bark Menk45 Lawns 2 25-02-2003 05:53 AM