Old 14-11-2006, 01:27 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Stolen garden lights...

I've recently tried to put in solar lights in our front garden beds
(they are quite cheap fortunately!)...the ones that you simply poke
into the ground. But soon after some of the lights were stolen, which
we actually got back as a kind neighbour found them in his front yard.
But over the weekend 5 entire lights were stolen, and this time I don't
think they are coming back. Anyone else had this problem, and more
importantly, does anyone have any ideas how to stop this?! Had ideas of
chaining them together underground, or perhaps trying to lay them in a
concrete block underground. Personally I'd probably wire up the metal
casing to the 240V supply, but my wife is stopping me.. Thanks for
any ideas.

BH

Old 14-11-2006, 02:24 AM posted to aus.gardens

wrote in message
oups.com...

I've recently tried to put in solar lights in our front garden beds
(they are quite cheap fortunately!)...the ones that you simply poke
into the ground. But soon after some of the lights were stolen, which
we actually got back as a kind neighbour found them in his front yard.
But over the weekend 5 entire lights were stolen, and this time I don't
think they are coming back. Anyone else had this problem, and more
importantly, does anyone have any ideas how to stop this?! Had ideas of
chaining them together underground, or perhaps trying to lay them in a
concrete block underground. Personally I'd probably wire up the metal
casing to the 240V supply, but my wife is stopping me.. Thanks for
any ideas.

BH

Why bother? They are virtually useless as lights anyway. If you must have
lights in your garden, buy a 12volt system.

Old 15-11-2006, 02:43 PM posted to aus.gardens

Thieves are stupid (if they weren't they'd have a job) ... try superglueing
a padlock to each light as a visual deterent. The idiots will see the
padlock, assume it has been protected and proceed elsewhere. In a way it's
such a stupid idea, but then people who steal $10 garden lights are pretty
stupid in their own rights.

Old 19-11-2006, 04:38 AM posted to aus.gardens

wrote in message
oups.com...

I've recently tried to put in solar lights in our front garden beds
(they are quite cheap fortunately!)...the ones that you simply poke
into the ground. But soon after some of the lights were stolen, which
we actually got back as a kind neighbour found them in his front yard.
But over the weekend 5 entire lights were stolen, and this time I don't
think they are coming back. Anyone else had this problem, and more
importantly, does anyone have any ideas how to stop this?! Had ideas of
chaining them together underground, or perhaps trying to lay them in a
concrete block underground. Personally I'd probably wire up the metal
casing to the 240V supply, but my wife is stopping me.. Thanks for
any ideas.

BH

I like your preference..BH...Wire them to 240v...That would get rid of the
Bast...d's ''...Mind ..you would have to find a place to put them too ...
VBG....

--
Bigbazza (Barry)..(The Boy from Oz)

Old 19-11-2006, 09:43 PM posted to aus.gardens
SG1 SG1 is offline

"Bigbazza" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

Be ambitious giant concrete garden gnomes, might have to disguise the faces
though. Can't make it easy for the coppers to find missing tea leaves can
we?????
Jim
In almost crime free sth inland Qld. Lots of big gnomes though!!!!!!!

Old 20-11-2006, 01:55 AM posted to aus.gardens

"SG1" wrote in message

"Bigbazza" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

LMAO....scarecrows up our way

Old 09-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Registered User

I find it very strange that the flight has not been the most likely fate of these lights. Even if you set them in concrete, as long as the support by the edge, you may only have a row of plastic hangers suit left beheaded. Maybe you can short the diameter of the concrete on the ground the appropriate length of galvanized steel, and then loaded on the fluorescent tubes light assembly.
__________________
hydroponic
Old 13-04-2011, 04:23 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjackman View Post
I find it very strange that the flight has not been the most likely fate of these lights. Even if you set them in concrete, as long as the support by the edge, you may only have a row of plastic hangers suit left beheaded. Maybe you can short the diameter of the concrete on the ground the appropriate length of galvanized steel, and then loaded on the fluorescent tubes light assembly.
I`m afraid I cant throw any light on the problem.
Old 16-08-2011, 05:30 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcodger View Post
I`m afraid I cant throw any light on the problem.
i think thieve is not a good thing

Garden Furniture Stolen! Timber Gardens United Kingdom 1 28-06-2005 12:32 AM
Lights On / Lights Off... is this OK? Bill Beam Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 07:22 AM
Lights On / Lights Off... is this OK? Bill Beam Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 15-02-2003 02:54 PM
[IBC] Stolen suiseki dalecochoy Bonsai 5 14-02-2003 11:51 PM
Stolen suiseki Reiner Goebel Bonsai 0 12-02-2003 03:55 AM