Old 02-12-2006, 12:29 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default bamboos

Have just cut back some bamboos and have poisoned the stumps as suggested
on the "Roundup" bottle.Seems to be slowly working ok,but my query is
this.How soon can I start digging out the roots.?.Iff I dig too early they
may not be completely dead and may shoot again.I need the ground for some
fruit trees but someone has said that it may take up to three years.
Hoping for your help
Thank you
D.S.

--
replace here-to with bigpond

Old 09-12-2006, 10:21 PM posted to aus.gardens

davo wrote:
Have just cut back some bamboos and have poisoned the stumps as suggested
on the "Roundup" bottle.Seems to be slowly working ok,but my query is
this.How soon can I start digging out the roots.?.Iff I dig too early they
may not be completely dead and may shoot again.I need the ground for some
fruit trees but someone has said that it may take up to three years.

If the ground's reasonably soft, I'd dig the roots out first. It's
relatively easy using a mattock.

If any sprout from then on, use a tree killer. Roundup etc. doesn't
have much effect on serious 'woody' pests like bamboo, blackberry
and ivy.

Andrew
--
Andrew Gabb
email: Adelaide, South Australia

Bamboos for hedging MohammedM Bamboo 2 01-07-2009 06:38 PM
Getting prepped for Mass Plantings of Bamboos.. suggestions and advice??? RainLover Bamboo 6 11-03-2005 08:25 PM
Identify Unknown Houseplant and off to those bamboos Skirmishd Gardening 0 10-01-2004 11:02 AM
OT - Bamboos & Willows SamMan Bamboo 4 11-09-2003 01:02 PM
advice needed about moso, vivax and yellow groove bamboos Stephen Bamboo 0 18-04-2003 09:58 AM