Old 22-12-2006, 06:42 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Crows stealing pebbles

Nuh Just ype
"meeee" wrote in message

"Jonno" wrote in message
u...

"John Savage" wrote in message
om...
"Cynthia" writes:
Well, the crows probably don't see it as stealing, but they've recently
taken to flying off with the pebbles I've used to mulch around pot
plants.

Does anyone know why they do this?

Now that you mention it, I seem to remember hearing about this. Don't
crows need a pebble to add to their cooking, or something??

Almost right, to cook a crow, you throw the crow in a pot, and a pebble,
when the pebble is tender the crow is cooked.
Also just ofr you, a blondes recipe for baking a roast, just in time for
Christmas....
Bake a small roast and a large roast together in a large oven. When the
small one is burnt, the big one is just right to eat.

Should i be writing these recipes down?

Nuh, just print out the email like normal people do, if yore a blonde yo
know what to do. Theyre so ingenious.

Old 22-12-2006, 07:32 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Jonno" wrote in message
Nuh Just ype

"Cynthia" writes:
Well, the crows probably don't see it as stealing, but they've recently
taken to flying off with the pebbles I've used to mulch around pot
plants.

Does anyone know why they do this?

Now that you mention it, I seem to remember hearing about this. Don't
crows need a pebble to add to their cooking, or something??
Almost right, to cook a crow, you throw the crow in a pot, and a pebble,
when the pebble is tender the crow is cooked.
Also just ofr you, a blondes recipe for baking a roast, just in time for
Christmas....
Bake a small roast and a large roast together in a large oven. When the
small one is burnt, the big one is just right to eat.

Should i be writing these recipes down?

Nuh, just print out the email like normal people do, if yore a blonde yo
know what to do. Theyre so ingenious.

Print? You mean writing but not cursive? Hmmm it's getting hard to read my
posts around all the liquid paper.

Old 22-12-2006, 08:53 AM posted to aus.gardens

Cynthia wrote:
Well, the crows probably don't see it as stealing, but they've recently
taken to flying off with the pebbles I've used to mulch around pot plants.

Does anyone know why they do this?

It's part of pre-season training.

They stole the idea from Port Power.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:41 AM posted to aus.gardens

Damn goes to show, crow bait is availalble. No one would have thought.
Here am i writing about sticks and stones. Stone the crows....

Mmm talking about bait, I may try scattering some pebbles around that area
of the yard and put a balloon on a string near the pebbles. Next, place some
drawing pins between the balloon and myself, then pull string when crow is
conveniently close. Watch crows face when balloon bursts. I'm sure the
neighbours already think I'm potty, so it won't make much difference.

I'm tired of running outside and they see me approaching now. My husband
couldn't be bothered anymore after the first few runs. Had a go with a short
burst on the hose but other than there being a hose pipe ban on, it doesn't
reach as far as I'd like it to and there's an obstacle in the way. The crows
have also spotted my hand reaching for the hose just outside the door and
they fly off before I can get the pleasure of squirting them.

Next stop dynamite.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:12 AM posted to aus.gardens

Cynthia wrote:
[...]

Simple, put some strands of fishing line where they steal their
diamonds. Flying into invisible fishing line un nerves them and they
wont be back.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:48 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Cynthia" wrote in message

[...]

Hmmm we could go all Mythbusters on this one....a robotic, missile enabled
scarecrow perhaps?

Old 03-01-2007, 08:49 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Jonno" wrote in message
Cynthia wrote:
[...]

Just make sure hubby knows the fishing line's there too...

Old 04-01-2007, 07:00 AM posted to aus.gardens

You women are so subtle these days...

"meeee" wrote in message
LMAO....hmmm might be a plan...

u...

Old 04-01-2007, 09:12 AM posted to aus.gardens

Well, the obvious approach would be the good old frying pan over the head.
Or the rolling pin, depends on personal taste.

"Jonno" wrote in message
u...
You women are so subtle these days...

"meeee" wrote in message
LMAO....hmmm might be a plan...

u...

Old 04-01-2007, 10:33 AM posted to aus.gardens

"meeee" wrote in message
Well, the obvious approach would be the good old frying pan over the head.
Or the rolling pin, depends on personal taste.

i'm just kind of amazed you have a husband who can fly. if he's so talented,
would you not want to keep him about the place with no head injuries?
kylie

Old 04-01-2007, 10:35 AM posted to aus.gardens

Yeah,but thats after youre married.

"meeee" wrote in message
Well, the obvious approach would be the good old frying pan over the head.
Or the rolling pin, depends on personal taste.

"Jonno" wrote in message
u...
You women are so subtle these days...

"meeee" wrote in message
LMAO....hmmm might be a plan...

u...

Old 04-01-2007, 11:00 AM posted to aus.gardens

Wow another thinker.
BUT If she hits him wid de flying pan or is it the frying pan, what would
she use to cook though?
And she could also, maybe start her own circus, methinks. However this much
like any other marriage,
one sees flying saucers and another one sees flying pans. Others see stars
and dont know what hit em.
I think it be called love. Settle down ladies. its all in natures plan (To
frustrate the hell out of each other)
Crows are part of this game. Youre only a pawn in natures cruel game.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:05 AM posted to aus.gardens

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"meeee" wrote in message
Well, the obvious approach would be the good old frying pan over the
head. Or the rolling pin, depends on personal taste.

i'm just kind of amazed you have a husband who can fly. if he's so
talented, would you not want to keep him about the place with no head
injuries?
kylie

No, he just *thinks* he can fly. Probably as a result of the head
injuries...