Old 16-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Alan

Default Can you name this plant????

Hi folks,

Is anyone able to name this plant?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/data...us_028-med.jpg

All I know is that it's growing in Perth and is a shrub of about 4 to 5 feet
(at the moment anyway).

Any help appreciated.

Alan Melville

Old 16-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Trish Brown

Alan wrote:

Hi folks,

Is anyone able to name this plant?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/data...us_028-med.jpg

All I know is that it's growing in Perth and is a shrub of about 4 to 5 feet
(at the moment anyway).

Any help appreciated.

Alan Melville

Gee, I've never seen that plant before! My guess is 'some kind of
magnolia', but I'll wait with bated breath for better-informed

Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old 16-04-2003, 03:33 PM
Loosecannon

Alan wrote in message
Hi folks,

Is anyone able to name this plant?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib/data...us_028-med.jpg

All I know is that it's growing in Perth and is a shrub of about 4 to 5

feet
(at the moment anyway).

Any help appreciated.

Alan Melville

Hi Allen,

At a guess I think you'll find this flower is Grewia occidentalis or in
laymans terms Lavender Star Flower from South Africa.

Cheers

Richard

Old 16-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Alan

"Loosecannon" wrote in message

At a guess I think you'll find this flower is Grewia occidentalis or in
laymans terms Lavender Star Flower from South Africa.
Cheers
Richard

Many thanks Richard - I think that's the one
http://www.museums.org.za/bio/plants...cidentalis.htm

Alan

Old 16-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Loosecannon

Alan wrote in message

"Loosecannon" wrote in message

At a guess I think you'll find this flower is Grewia occidentalis or in
laymans terms Lavender Star Flower from South Africa.
Cheers
Richard

Many thanks Richard - I think that's the one
http://www.museums.org.za/bio/plants...cidentalis.htm

Alan

Hey Alan,

If you have got one I wouldn't mind some cuttings one day!lol

Richard

Old 16-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Alan

"Loosecannon" wrote in message

Hey Alan,

If you have got one I wouldn't mind some cuttings one day!lol

Richard

Wouldn't mind a cutting myself. Problem is, I'm in Scotland and the Photo
was taken in Perth, Aus. Probably wouldn't grow here anyway

Alan