GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   blackening on avocado branchlets (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/151895-blackening-avocado-branchlets.html)

Richard Wright 30-12-2006 04:48 AM

blackening on avocado branchlets

Can somebody please identify this disease on my young avocado tree.
The blackening affects the branchlets, which sometimes die.

http://www.box.net/public/static/6crrno35mu.jpg

http://www.box.net/public/static/bnpar8dy4l.jpg

Location is an inner suburb of Sydney.

Liam 10-01-2007 12:18 AM

"Richard Wright" wrote in message
Can somebody please identify this disease on my young avocado tree.
The blackening affects the branchlets, which sometimes die.

http://www.box.net/public/static/6crrno35mu.jpg

http://www.box.net/public/static/bnpar8dy4l.jpg

Location is an inner suburb of Sydney.

The second photo has a big red / brown scale on one of the branches. Maybe
they have caused the damage to the other branches. I have read somewhere
that the red scale can cause dieback damage to grapefruit trees, so that
might be a similar problem.

Liam.