Old 31-12-2006, 06:35 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Murraya

Looking for some murraya paniculata (orange jessamine)
I want to have frangant white hedge but I haven't seen any nurseries around
here carrying any.
I had heard online that it was becoming weedy in some areas.
Anyone know where I can get a bunch - maybe 6-9 or so?
I'm in Perth.
Thanks
Blair

Old 01-01-2007, 10:27 AM posted to aus.gardens

In article ,
"Blaircam" blaircam(no wrote:

Looking for some murraya paniculata (orange jessamine)
I want to have frangant white hedge but I haven't seen any nurseries around
here carrying any.
I had heard online that it was becoming weedy in some areas.

I suggest you find something else. Murraya paniculata wants to grow BIG. I
have seen it 5m high in inner western Sydney (how often do you want to have to
trim it?). The scent is also cloying.

Other scented white hedging plants include abelia, Iceberg roses, gardenias,
or you could try a creeper like star jasmine or bower of beauty .

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old 01-01-2007, 11:07 AM posted to aus.gardens

I don't have a problem with 5m but I didn't think it grew quite that big - I
thought more like 3m...
As for the other suggestions - I was considering Choysia. I don't want roses
and I have tried gardenias in the spot and they've been scorched to death.
The spot gets full sun all day after about 10:30 am and it can get pretty
hot.
I have also considered star jasmine and like it - but its not quite what I'm
after for the spot. I might well use it elsewhere 'though.
Thanks anyways. I'll check out the Abelia.

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"Blaircam" blaircam(no wrote:

Looking for some murraya paniculata (orange jessamine)
I want to have frangant white hedge but I haven't seen any nurseries
around
here carrying any.
I had heard online that it was becoming weedy in some areas.

I suggest you find something else. Murraya paniculata wants to grow BIG.
have seen it 5m high in inner western Sydney (how often do you want to
have to
trim it?). The scent is also cloying.

Other scented white hedging plants include abelia, Iceberg roses,
gardenias,
or you could try a creeper like star jasmine or bower of beauty .

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Parenthood is like the modern stone washing process for denim jeans. You
may
Kerry Cue

Old 01-01-2007, 12:19 PM posted to aus.gardens

In article ,
"Blaircam" blaircam(no wrote:

I don't have a problem with 5m but I didn't think it grew quite that big - I
thought more like 3m...

It will say 3m on the label, but it's not true for Sydney's climate. Possibly
your cooler winters will calm it down a bit.

As for the other suggestions - I was considering Choysia. I don't want roses
and I have tried gardenias in the spot and they've been scorched to death.
The spot gets full sun all day after about 10:30 am and it can get pretty
hot.
I have also considered star jasmine and like it - but its not quite what I'm
after for the spot. I might well use it elsewhere 'though.
Thanks anyways. I'll check out the Abelia.

I have a loose hedge of 'Moonlight' grevilleas on my side fence at the front.
It's almost north-south and completely exposed in summer. The grevilleas have
done better than anythin else I've tried, so if you don't mind sacrificing
scent they could be worth a go.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue

Murraya Koenigii [email protected] United Kingdom 4 28-06-2012 11:23 PM
Murraya paniculata jones Australia 2 27-01-2010 03:25 AM
Murraya (Murraya paniculata) Marutchi Garden Photos 2 26-02-2007 11:18 PM
Please help find Murraya koenigii Sakhiya Gardening 1 07-06-2005 06:32 PM
Please help find Murraya koenigii/curry leaf plant Sakhiya Edible Gardening 0 07-06-2005 06:14 PM