Old 02-01-2007, 04:49 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Aloe Vera

Quick question, too much watering of an Aloe Vera plant is not good for it?

If yes my wife is in trouble, if no then i have a sick aloe vera

Luke

Old 02-01-2007, 06:36 AM posted to aus.gardens

My aloe vera is neglected and "loving it" (maxwell smart saying)
Its big and in the hottest part of my soon to be desert.
Water restrictions are taking their toll. (Melbourne) (im going to smuggle
water in every few months)
Suggest if its sick, get a cutting from what appears live and hoperfully you
wont try to kill it with kindness.
Let it lie around for a few days for callusos(SIC) to form. Then put it in
soil. Its tougher than the local union meet.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:40 AM posted to aus.gardens

I don't water mine much, but it gets a good soaking every firtnight or so. I
also keep mine in part shade, which seems to keep it green and lovely (also
flowers from time to time which is nice)
Kathy

Old 02-01-2007, 06:54 PM posted to aus.gardens

g'day luke,

they thrive on neglect.

and do better out of the full on full day saun a good dose of morning
sun is the best.

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 15:19:55 +1030, "Luke"
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

Old 02-01-2007, 07:49 PM posted to aus.gardens

My mum always has hers in shade, and never waters it. It's great for that
difficult spot just under a gum tree, or planted at the side of the house.
Basically any trouble spot....brilliant plants!!

Old 02-01-2007, 10:52 PM posted to aus.gardens

It's one of the best plants to talk to.
You just go into the garden, and say "ullo vera".

Sorry, couldn't resist!

(Used that line on a radio program a few years ago - you could hear the
groan for miles around)

Old 02-01-2007, 11:30 PM posted to aus.gardens

Harold wrote:
It's one of the best plants to talk to.
You just go into the garden, and say "ullo vera".

Sorry, couldn't resist!

(Used that line on a radio program a few years ago - you could hear the
groan for miles around)

Didnt know prince charley read and replied here....
Nice to know
Say 'ello to cowmilla (who has proved at this stage to be roolly
suitable to charley)
Old 03-01-2007, 09:36 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Luke" wrote in message

Quick question, too much watering of an Aloe Vera plant is not good

for it?

Most definitely not good for it. Like all plants of a succulent nature
it needs to dry our well before rewatering.

If yes my wife is in trouble, if no then i have a sick aloe vera

Sounds like she's in trouble.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:58 AM posted to aus.gardens

Farm1 wrote:
"Luke" wrote in message
Quick question, too much watering of an Aloe Vera plant is not good

for it?

Most definitely not good for it. Like all plants of a succulent nature
it needs to dry our well before rewatering.

If yes my wife is in trouble, if no then i have a sick aloe vera

Sounds like she's in trouble.

The aloe vera is in more trouble She was trying to help it....

Old 03-01-2007, 10:22 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Jonno" wrote in message
Farm1 wrote:
"Luke" wrote in message

Quick question, too much watering of an Aloe Vera plant is not

good
for it?

Most definitely not good for it. Like all plants of a succulent

nature
it needs to dry our well before rewatering.

If yes my wife is in trouble, if no then i have a sick aloe vera

Sounds like she's in trouble.

The aloe vera is in more trouble She was trying to help it....

No doubt she was, but it sounds like the treatment of the aloe vera
has been the source of some domestic discord......

Old 03-01-2007, 08:41 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Harold" Harold [at] clotmail wrote in message
It's one of the best plants to talk to.
You just go into the garden, and say "ullo vera".

Sorry, couldn't resist!

(Used that line on a radio program a few years ago - you could hear the
groan for miles around)

LMAO...my dad uses that line, oh, every other day. Must have listened to
your show. Or maybe great minds think alike. I blame it on excess
consumption of The Goons.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:16 AM posted to aus.gardens

"meeee" wrote in message

"Harold" Harold [at] clotmail wrote in message
It's one of the best plants to talk to.
You just go into the garden, and say "ullo vera".

Sorry, couldn't resist!

(Used that line on a radio program a few years ago - you could hear the
groan for miles around)

LMAO...my dad uses that line, oh, every other day. Must have listened to
your show.

ABC Regional Radio?

Or maybe great minds think alike. I blame it on excess consumption of
The Goons.

The Goons have a lot to answer for, as did the late Peter Evans (on
what-was 3LO) ... I listened to both. They were unique in their own way.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:22 AM posted to aus.gardens

"meeee" wrote in message

"Harold" Harold [at] clotmail wrote in message
It's one of the best plants to talk to.
You just go into the garden, and say "ullo vera".

prune

LMAO...my dad uses that line, oh, every other day. Must have listened to
your show. Or maybe great minds think alike. I blame it on excess
consumption of The Goons.

Old Goon Show line (sung to ... anybody know/remember the melody?). "I
talk to the trees ... that's why they put me away!"

Old 04-01-2007, 05:37 AM posted to aus.gardens

"meeee" wrote in message

"Harold" Harold [at] clotmail wrote in message
It's one of the best plants to talk to.
You just go into the garden, and say "ullo vera".

Sorry, couldn't resist!

(Used that line on a radio program a few years ago - you could hear the
groan for miles around)

LMAO...my dad uses that line, oh, every other day. Must have listened to
your show.

ABC Regional Radio?

Yes I'd say so. ABC is a family habit.

Or maybe great minds think alike. I blame it on excess consumption of
The Goons.

The Goons have a lot to answer for, as did the late Peter Evans (on
what-was 3LO) ... I listened to both. They were unique in their own way.

Yes, him too. He should have to listen to all my dad's jokes.

Aloe Vera Plants jammer Plant Biology 13 13-11-2005 09:07 PM
how to cook Aloe vera? John Savage Australia 13 07-07-2003 05:03 PM
Aloe Vera Plants rusty Plant Biology 13 05-04-2003 03:32 PM
Preserving Aloe Vera? Nicholas J Ruggiero Plant Biology 1 05-04-2003 03:32 PM
Aloe vera - too soon to put outside? kate Gardening 17 25-03-2003 02:32 PM