GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   hazelnut suckers wanted to swap (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/152027-hazelnut-suckers-wanted-swap.html)

lentildude 04-01-2007 12:11 AM

hazelnut suckers wanted to swap

I have a 10 year old hazelnut shrub in Sydney, very healthy but each
year
the nut shells are empty. You need 3 different varieties planted
together to ensure
good pollination. Does anyone with a hazelnut bush want to swap
hazelnut suckers
with me? I am trying to sprout some hazelnuts from the fruit shop -
no luck yet.
email me lentildudeAThotmail.com

[email protected] 09-01-2007 08:28 AM

hazelnut suckers wanted to swap

You may need to chill the nuts in the fridge for a couple of months
then try to
sprout them - shelled of course. I have sprouted some before as well
as almonds.
I think I saw a hazelnut available fromGardens R US in Kingsford Sydney.