Old 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM posted to aus.gardens
SG1 SG1 is offline

Default Air conditioners

"LindaB" wrote in message
news
Have not been following the water saving discussions here - lack of
time. So sorry if this has been covered before.

But I am stunned. My beloved has just adjusted down our air
conditioner (you know, that box on the roof). We do not use it a lot,
but when we do, it now sends the minimum 20 litres per hour of water
down into the roof guttering and into the stormwater system.

Bloody Hell!

We have just put a garden hose on the end, and are working out what
sort of small tank goes on there.

He says they all vary, and have to be set at higher rates in areas
where the water is more mineralised. And brands vary. His mother's ran
at either half a litre, or a litre a minute on the minimum!

Lot of water going to waste out there!

Cheers

Linda

I have ours set for NO bypass. We have the rainwater hooked up to it. Every
now & again I clean out the bottom. The pads are a lot cleaner since I
swapped from town supply 18 months ago. Also give it a dose of mossie
repellant (Lavender disinfectant conc.) every coupla weeks makes the
building pong real good for a while.
Jim
Very sth Qld
P.S. got 74 mm this weeks tanks topped nicely.