GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fast seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/152297-fast-seeds.html)

Farm1 15-01-2007 01:56 AM

Fast seeds

I wrote on 10 Jan that I'd planted a whole tray of quite old beetroot
seeds after soaking the seeds overnight.

Before going to bed 3 nights after planting them, I could see some
embrionic seeds pushing through. Last night they were pushing on the
glass covering. This morning I had 12 seeds up and by midday, I had
16 up. I've had to remove teh glass and am starting to harden them
off a bit.

I'm amazed at how quickly they came up.

Chookie 15-01-2007 12:31 PM

Fast seeds

In article ,
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

I wrote on 10 Jan that I'd planted a whole tray of quite old beetroot
seeds after soaking the seeds overnight.

Before going to bed 3 nights after planting them, I could see some
embrionic seeds pushing through. Last night they were pushing on the
glass covering. This morning I had 12 seeds up and by midday, I had
16 up. I've had to remove teh glass and am starting to harden them
off a bit.

Told ya so!

Happy beetroot-eating!

--