Old 21-01-2007, 09:18 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default The gardener meets the cook

"LindaB" wrote in message
I am off to try this one:

1 onion (125 g) chopped

400 gm grated zuchinni

1 cup SR flour

3 shakes pepper

3 eggs, beaten

combine all above

place in greased slice tin

sprinkle 1 cup grated tasty cheese on top.

Cook 40-45 minutes in an oven at 180 C

Cut and serve hot or cold.

That recipe sounds like it would be similar to the Zucchini Slice
recipe but missing a few ingredients. Can you report back on how you
like it please?

Old 23-01-2007, 07:09 AM posted to aus.food,aus.gardens

funny i see this post now... have not long taken a zucchini bake out of
oven. much the same as already posted eg: zucchini, onion, flour, eggs, oil,
cheese and bacon... but i didn't have bacon or cheese but added sweet
potato, carrot and some spice. definitely needs the cheese and/or bacon!
hoping it will improve with time!
cheers
carmel

"Amarantha" wrote in message
44.170...
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in news:45ad661f$0$27890$5a62ac22
@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au:

It's that time of year when the cook and the gardener meet (either
internally or severally) for discussions about what to do about "the
great zucchini glut".

Some ideas and recipes please on what to do with the glut (but please,
no recipe for stuffed giant zucchini - these boat sized things are
best just chucked in the chook pen IMHO).

Zucchini slice is easy and yummy, great hot or cold (good for lunches),
freezes well etc. Unfortunately I don't have the recipe on me ('tis

packed
away somewhere in renovation-land), but I think it's something like:
500g zucchini, grated
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
seasoning to taste
chopped bacon (optional - i've also used chestnuts inna vegetarian

version)
grated cheese

Mix all ingredients except cheese, spread in slice tray, sprinkle cheese

on
top, bake in mod oven until set inside and golden on top. Or something.

Shall post proper version if I find it, but I usually just use it as a
guide anyway, so you can probably figure something out :P

I've also had it inna cake (like a zucchini version of carrot cake), and
it's good in curries.

Brigitte Hafner has a delicious-sounding salad recipe he
http://www.theage.com.au/news/epicure/no-cooking-
required/2007/01/15/1168709647097.html?page=fullpage