Old 29-01-2007, 01:55 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default FYI- water crisis stroy link:

George.com wrote:

excellent idea, try drilling a bore next to it for drinking water as well. 2
for the price of one.

Naah, we're on top of a ridge. You have to on the side of one to get
seepage or underground water.
Old 29-01-2007, 06:28 PM posted to aus.gardens

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:10:38 +1300, "George.com"
wrote:

"Terryc" wrote in message

snipped
excellent idea, try drilling a bore next to it for drinking water as well. 2
for the price of one.

rob

probably less chance of polluting the sub-aquafa that way than here is
using septic systems that do just that.

got no concerns with people wanting to do things like that it shows
common snense to not want to waste water.

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
Old 29-01-2007, 10:36 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jen Jen is offline

"gardenlen" wrote in message
news
g'day bruce,

we don't flush urine at all here, mine goes into a bucket for the food
trees etc.,.

Another issue is that if there's a lot of women going, the toilet paper will
build up, then there may be other problems with blocked toilets.

I also can't stand the smell, not worried about germs etc, just the smell.
Overnight we don't flush, by morning it doesn't look or smell too good.

You've probably just gotten used to the smell.

Jen

Old 30-01-2007, 12:14 AM posted to aus.gardens

Jen wrote:
"gardenlen" wrote in message
news
g'day bruce,

we don't flush urine at all here, mine goes into a bucket for the food
trees etc.,.

Another issue is that if there's a lot of women going, the toilet paper will
build up, then there may be other problems with blocked toilets.

I also can't stand the smell, not worried about germs etc, just the smell.
Overnight we don't flush, by morning it doesn't look or smell too good.

You've probably just gotten used to the smell.

Jen

I will never get used to the smell of women. the perfume just knocks me out.

Old 30-01-2007, 01:02 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jen Jen is offline

"Jonno" wrote in message
Jen wrote:
"gardenlen" wrote in message
news
g'day bruce,

we don't flush urine at all here, mine goes into a bucket for the food
trees etc.,.

Another issue is that if there's a lot of women going, the toilet paper
will build up, then there may be other problems with blocked toilets.

I also can't stand the smell, not worried about germs etc, just the
smell. Overnight we don't flush, by morning it doesn't look or smell too
good.

You've probably just gotten used to the smell.

Jen

I will never get used to the smell of women. the perfume just knocks me
out.

Not all women wear a lot of perfume. I've been near some women that smell
so strong of perfume, I don't like it either. Just a subtle bit is enough,
just for special occasions. Also there are a lot of different smelling
perfumes around. Also some men smell strongly of terrible aftershaves.

Jen

Old 30-01-2007, 01:09 AM posted to aus.gardens

ok jen,

can i introduce some latteral thinking from my end? just to try and
save water.

if everyone goes out of the house to work or whatever then the last
person out could flush any urine that has accumulated since the toilet
as most are, was flushed of solids earlier in the morning, then from
the evening when everyone returns let the urine build as their is a
chance that solids me need to be cleared before bedtime, so the urine
that is there from over night with the lid down will get flushed the
next morning again at first solid flush.

and yes i expect we have gotten used to the smell of urine, along with
the stench of diesel trucks etc.,.

we certainly have gotten rid of the unsustainable yuk factor out of
our lives. we believe that we should be responsible for our own waste
and not the push the button and not even bid it goodbye.

in the believe it or not stakes:

our illustrious leader up here with the verbal support of the
bespectacled g-nome, says we here in sth/east q are going to be in an
exclusive club to wit:

1 new york who pump their recycled drinking water into their
sub-aquafa so it filters throuhg the sub-aquafa before it gets
retreated for drinking purpose.

2 london who pumps their treated water into the already heavily
polluted thames, but at least the thames has flow and or tidal
influences.

3 and singapore but he did not elaborate on how they introduce it back
into the system?

ours is going to accumulate as sludge behind the dam walls.

now to the head honchoe in NSW he says they are a long way off
thinking of making their constituants drink the stuff as there are
lots of other simpler processes to use before the big panic button
gets pushed - b e l i e v e it or not!!??

and who could forget the fearless leader of the vic's?? he says
industry has come to the rescue of the vic voters as industry will be
taking all the recycled water so the toorakians need have no fear of
drinking something that some commoner has peed in chuckle -
b e l i e v e it or not!!??

anhow as every commoner that was interviewed avowed to never drink the
stuff nor would they come visit our exclusive club oasis, one broad
thinking soul said "well i can always buy bottled water"!!?? sad to
say in his disalusionment most of that stuff at $3 per liter comes
straight out of the same taps we drink out of, so the only difference
is it ahs no chlorine odour or taste.

snipped

Old 30-01-2007, 01:17 AM posted to aus.gardens

oh forgot to add to my last post,

how could i forget mr affluenza yuppie himself, the hon' gold coaster,
he says the minute we put that "water into our dams" that is the
minute he wants the water supply from us turned off and of course
being a generous leader of the yuppiest set he said we could get some
of "their" water from the hinze dam, now aint that just such a warm
fuzzy feeling, of course he didn't ellaborate on how they are still
getting (i won't say buying) water from the tweed.

the tweed which is a dam i mentioned or maybe should have mentioned in
one of those earlier links.

Old 30-01-2007, 03:15 AM posted to aus.gardens

gardenlen wrote:
oh forgot to add to my last post,

how could i forget mr affluenza yuppie himself, the hon' gold coaster,
he says the minute we put that "water into our dams" that is the
minute he wants the water supply from us turned off and of course
being a generous leader of the yuppiest set he said we could get some
of "their" water from the hinze dam, now aint that just such a warm
fuzzy feeling, of course he didn't ellaborate on how they are still
getting (i won't say buying) water from the tweed.

the tweed which is a dam i mentioned or maybe should have mentioned in
one of those earlier links.

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

What I wish to know now is, how can you think of recycled water when
recycled politicians are so on the nose?

Old 05-02-2007, 11:11 AM posted to aus.gardens

"gardenlen" wrote in message
g'day meeee,

it's the indoctrination throuhg tv ads that does it, like the latest
type ads not only are you supposed to blast a fly or cockroach with
spray but it has to have a disinfectant in it to kill the germs they
supposedly carry.

I saw that ad...and her impossibly clean floor and rubbish bin. And the way
the cockroach magically transports itself from the grubby, filthy,
unhygienic, germy drain into her sterile, carefully arranged garbage bin.
And her sterilized, carefully groomed child-thing goes 'ewww!! A live
creature!!' at the cockroach. I mean, for crying out aloud, it's a
cockroach, not a smallpox ridden rat.

all that ads that say if it smell clean it must be clean all
subliminal type manipulation saying if you detect an odour then that
is unclean.

Odour is evil. Not a normal biological response to situations containing
important chemicals triggering necessary responses in other
organisms....like honey and bees, meat and flies....

we use a fly swatter and guess what no pandemics in ths family.

We use cats. It keeps them fit, and they dispose of the flies as well.

people don't question anymore if tv or some media says this is the way
then that is the way.

Which is ridiculous really. It's not as if the media exist for the good of
humankind or anything.

and the thing in our lives that most of us either aspire to or
purcahse is our homes and unquestioningly we buy this major investment
and never say why, never ask is there a better way? homes can be built
a whole lot less expensive (now wouldn't everyone like that?) be
designed to run with minmum power bills, and believe it or not ther
was a time when young home owners (my aprents era) wher they new waht
aspect the land had to be they knew a scillion roof facing the right
way was needed to keep warm in winter, just there was a lot they
didn't know, but modern folk don't know any of these things.

Why would we want a north facing building? Turn on the air con.

and back to water (this topic is a very wide isuue isn't it?, it goes
a whole lot deeper than just drinking poo water) our ikkustriuos you
know the ones we pay golden peanuts too to do the right thing by us,
well he said no right of choice now! no vote/plebacide/refferendum on
drinking the stuff "ya gunna get it whether you like it or not"

and it's coming the way of all the other southern states and most
likely at the same time.

one chap on tv said "i won't let me dog drink the clean water out of
the toilet bowl so no way" he says " am i going to drink the recycled
water"

Did you see the research on the tank water causing cancer etc etc....air
borne chemicals getting into the water via the rain etc etc....um, wouldn't
those airborn chemicals also make it via the rain into our drinking water
dams? And be concentrated with evaporation?
can see huge profits for the water bottling companies hey, anyone into
share protfoliios you better get some of these hey? funny thing but at
the end of the day most of that bottled stuff is just outa the normal
supply so it will still be recyclet potty water.

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 09:40:05 GMT, "meeee"
wrote:

"gardenlen" wrote in message
. ..

snipped

Old 05-02-2007, 11:14 AM posted to aus.gardens

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"meeee" wrote in message

"gardenlen" wrote in message

len
yes kylie,

we came from rural of recent times where we supplied our own water,
that by the way would be a great training ground for many city folk
when yo ahve to wuply and mange your own water. and we had a waterless
composting toilet and i still say if we humans were 1/2 as smart as
what we are intellignet we would be wanting one of them in each home,
the water savings would be mind boggling.

i want one in MY home :-)

meeee
You have my wholehearted agreement on this one len! Especially about our
sterile society....I refused to sterilize every item my children touched
from birth...they ate dirt, grass, dog food, and on one occasion a very
unlucky house spider (that wasn't planned but DS1 seemed to enjoy it) and
they haven't died yet.

that was my thinking too (add dead blowflies, cat kibble etc to that list)
and my kids have always been extremely healthy, so i must be doing
something right ;-)

I did suffer being picked on by my MIL and SIL for
not washing my baby twice a day....we just didnt have the water; a stinky
post-nappy bum didn't kill him, and he's perfectly fine now....not sure
where people got the idea that we can completely eradicate bacteria and
microbes by obsessive disinfecting of everyone and everything, and that
this was a good thing....

agree :-) i do also agree with len that much of it is advertising, which
would aim to send people into a competition over (perceived) cleanliness
(etc), in order to sell products nobody needs. it's really not a
competition anyone would get involved in if they thought about it for 5
minutes. as well as agreeing with len that it's interrelated to other
problems, the real problem is consumption in general.
kylie

Lol yay another bad mother allowing her kids to eat germs! Oh, and on the
hygiene side, if the neat freaks are right, me and my sisters should have
died of salmonella, the plague, smallpox, or some other horrible
disease.....

Old 05-02-2007, 11:15 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Jonno" wrote in message
Jen wrote:
"gardenlen" wrote in message
news
g'day bruce,

we don't flush urine at all here, mine goes into a bucket for the food
trees etc.,.

Another issue is that if there's a lot of women going, the toilet paper
will build up, then there may be other problems with blocked toilets.

I also can't stand the smell, not worried about germs etc, just the
smell. Overnight we don't flush, by morning it doesn't look or smell too
good.

You've probably just gotten used to the smell.

Jen

I will never get used to the smell of women. the perfume just knocks me
out.

I dislike strong perfumes. On men as well....phew!!

Old 05-02-2007, 11:43 AM posted to aus.gardens

meeee wrote:

I mean, for crying out aloud, it's a
cockroach, not a smallpox ridden rat.

Mmmm, I bit the head off one of those once... and still here to tell the
tale.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:06 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Linda H" wrote in message
u...
meeee wrote:

I mean, for crying out aloud, it's a
cockroach, not a smallpox ridden rat.

Mmmm, I bit the head off one of those once... and still here to tell the
tale.

Oh really? Did it taste like chicken?

Old 05-02-2007, 12:47 PM posted to aus.gardens

Linda H wrote:
meeee wrote:

I mean, for crying out aloud, it's a
cockroach, not a smallpox ridden rat.

Mmmm, I bit the head off one of those once... and still here to tell the
tale.

Wow, wed better not bite your head of then!!!
Youre germs are tougher than a rats opposite end!!!