GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomatoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/152677-tomatoes.html)

SG1 28-01-2007 09:52 PM

Tomatoes

Back to the garden folks.
Under shadecloth for the 1st time (for me) I have last winter's silverbeet
still going NO bolting to seed.
And a tomato called "first class" which I got from the local (80ks away)
Mitre 10. I had never seen or heard of them b4. Small bush, prolific little
buggers fruit ranging from small to very large. Not a lot of flavour but a
darn sight better than some I've tried.
Any one else growing this variety????
Jim

Sandgroper 29-01-2007 01:36 AM

Tomatoes

Which state are you in? I'm interested in growing under shadecloth here in
the wheatbelt of WA where everything gets fried! Which shadecloth?.
Haven't tried the tom variety.
Carmel

SG1 29-01-2007 10:41 PM

Tomatoes

Qld 600ks west of Brissy just north of the border. Would not be too
dissimilar to you. Not much winter rain Mostly summer storms. The shadecloth
was left here by previous owner. Not too sure but it is between 1/2 & 3/4
pretty heavy stuff. There is a local who grows vegies all during summer
under sc but she is away visiting her 99 yo father.
Jim