Old 29-01-2007, 07:34 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Gotta hand it to you people you deliver!

My happy plant (see potting mix post) is happy again!!
So that makes two of us :-D
Like an idiot I origionally held back 'any' watering mainly due to my
dubious past with all the previous indoor plants eh-hhm I'd done in!

Anyway it would appear that Edwardette Scissorhands chopped off a few
important things.....like roots.

Do not try this at home kids!

Many thanks to you all.
I'm new here but I am looking forward to you sharing your wisdom with me and
all I can share with you atm are my disasters. But I love nature and I love
my garden!

cheers
Linda

Old 29-01-2007, 09:47 AM posted to aus.gardens

odonata28 (Linda) wrote:
My happy plant (see potting mix post) is happy again!!
So that makes two of us :-D
Like an idiot I origionally held back 'any' watering mainly due to my
dubious past with all the previous indoor plants eh-hhm I'd done in!

Anyway it would appear that Edwardette Scissorhands chopped off a few
important things.....like roots.

Do not try this at home kids!

Many thanks to you all.
I'm new here but I am looking forward to you sharing your wisdom with me and
all I can share with you atm are my disasters. But I love nature and I love
my garden!

cheers
Linda

OK So what happened in plain English? In a few more words how did the
plant get born again?
Old 29-01-2007, 10:34 AM posted to aus.gardens

"odonata28 (Linda)" wrote in message
My happy plant (see potting mix post) is happy again!!
So that makes two of us :-D
Like an idiot I origionally held back 'any' watering mainly due to my
dubious past with all the previous indoor plants eh-hhm I'd done in!

Anyway it would appear that Edwardette Scissorhands chopped off a few
important things.....like roots.

Do not try this at home kids!

Many thanks to you all.
I'm new here but I am looking forward to you sharing your wisdom with me
and all I can share with you atm are my disasters. But I love nature and I
love my garden!

cheers
Linda

you learn more from your mistakes than from your successes!
:-) kylie

Old 29-01-2007, 01:11 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Jonno" wrote in message
odonata28 (Linda) wrote:
My happy plant (see potting mix post) is happy again!!
So that makes two of us :-D
Like an idiot I origionally held back 'any' watering mainly due to my
dubious past with all the previous indoor plants eh-hhm I'd done in!

Anyway it would appear that Edwardette Scissorhands chopped off a few
important things.....like roots.

Do not try this at home kids!

Many thanks to you all.
I'm new here but I am looking forward to you sharing your wisdom with me
and all I can share with you atm are my disasters. But I love nature and
I love my garden!

cheers
Linda

OK So what happened in plain English? In a few more words how did the
plant get born again?

I um watered it....
Who would have thought, 'watering', what a novel idea for plants ;-p
Yup anyone want to sell me some real estate?
Linda

Old 29-01-2007, 01:19 PM posted to aus.gardens

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"odonata28 (Linda)" wrote in message
My happy plant (see potting mix post) is happy again!!
So that makes two of us :-D
Like an idiot I origionally held back 'any' watering mainly due to my
dubious past with all the previous indoor plants eh-hhm I'd done in!

Anyway it would appear that Edwardette Scissorhands chopped off a few
important things.....like roots.

Do not try this at home kids!

Many thanks to you all.
I'm new here but I am looking forward to you sharing your wisdom with me
and all I can share with you atm are my disasters. But I love nature and
I love my garden!

cheers
Linda

you learn more from your mistakes than from your successes!
:-) kylie

Too true,
too true, Kylie and my garden's full of mistakes, so anytime now I'm going
to be brilliant 'sigh'
If only.....
cheers
Linda

Old 29-01-2007, 11:20 PM posted to aus.gardens

odonata28 (Linda) wrote:
"Jonno" wrote in message
odonata28 (Linda) wrote:
[...]

Er, try watering with some liquid fertiliser. DON'T overdo it. Small
amounts first.
If ever you do have this problem again, suggest this. Dunk it in water
with seasol or similar. Especially if its very sick. Just dunk it and
submerge it completely. It usually revives a very sick thirsty plant
easily.
Old 30-01-2007, 11:37 AM posted to aus.gardens

Er, try watering with some liquid fertiliser. DON'T overdo it. Small
amounts first.
If ever you do have this problem again, suggest this. Dunk it in water
with seasol or similar. Especially if its very sick. Just dunk it and
submerge it completely. It usually revives a very sick thirsty plant
easily.

Thankyou Jonno :-)
Linda