Old 30-01-2007, 08:19 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Horn Fertiliser

Virgin poster to this group ....

Has anyone had any experience with "horn manure" and if so were the results
good, bad or indifferent?

Where would I find a supplier in Australia. I recently tried to buy two
small packs of 85g each from someone (Australian company, but sorry - truly
can't remember who) but they insisted on a $55.00 joining fee before I could
purchase the packs which cost only about $4 or $5 each. Was just going to
trial the brew to what the result might be.
Reading some of the on-line literature it looks quite promising.

Help is welcome.
Thanks
Graham

PS
Looks like you folk are being spammed something chronic as well.
I usually hang around aus.aviation - we have a regular who calls himself
Jean-Paul Turcaud - his posts are a bit "interesting" to say the least.
:-)

Old 30-01-2007, 12:35 PM posted to aus.gardens

"TACAN" wrote in message

Has anyone had any experience with "horn manure" and if so were the

results
good, bad or indifferent?

By "horn manure" do you mean the Biodynamic fluid which is made after
burying manure filled cow horns in the soil and then used to make
Formula 500?

Where would I find a supplier in Australia. I recently tried to buy

two
small packs of 85g each from someone (Australian company, but

sorry - truly
can't remember who) but they insisted on a $55.00 joining fee before

I could
purchase the packs which cost only about $4 or $5 each. Was just

going to
trial the brew to what the result might be.
Reading some of the on-line literature it looks quite promising.

If it is the material used to make Formula 500, then I think you'd
have to go the whole hog into Biodynamics to really give it a decent
test as from teh reading I've done on Biodynamics it doesn't seen to
be a system where you can just use bits and pieces of the process - it
seems to be a boots and all system.

Old 31-01-2007, 12:03 AM posted to aus.gardens

"TACAN" wrote in message
Virgin poster to this group ....

Has anyone had any experience with "horn manure" and if so were the
results
good, bad or indifferent?

Where would I find a supplier in Australia. I recently tried to buy two
small packs of 85g each from someone (Australian company, but sorry -
truly
can't remember who) but they insisted on a $55.00 joining fee before I
could
purchase the packs which cost only about $4 or $5 each. Was just going
trial the brew to what the result might be.
Reading some of the on-line literature it looks quite promising.

nothing in the "biodynamics" "industry" is going to come for free, or even
cheap. i doubt they're interested in you having a trial - you're supposed to
be an unquestioning convert & do the whole "system". then when it works out
for whatever reason, you can be buying dodgy products from them hand over
fist for the rest of your life rolls eyes

Help is welcome.

my only suggestion really is to just forget about it & use a method that
makes sense and is basically free where you can conduct trials without
worrying you accidently turned your vortex the wrong way & have buggered up
everything & blown $60 g

alternatively you could try burying your own manure (well maybe not
literally your OWN - i don't think the "system" allows for that ;-) in cow
horns & see what happens g

Thanks
Graham

PS
Looks like you folk are being spammed something chronic as well.

are we? what am i missing?!
kylie

Old 31-01-2007, 12:44 AM posted to aus.gardens

g'day graham,

you mean bio-dynamics i think?

if so do a google or search for that and then connect with people who
do it, in all cases when i ahve seen it those who use the method swear
by it, as do lunar planters and the rest. if it works for you use it.
me i don't have the time nor inclination to fill cow horns with
manure then bury them to later dig them up again sounds like work to
me.
be carefull buying stuff though again get in touch with those who
follow the practise and seek their advice.

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 17:19:03 +1000, "TACAN"
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
Old 31-01-2007, 12:49 AM posted to aus.gardens

g'day kylie,

no spam visible here through foarte agent that i use for my
newsreader.

but i notice if you search uip aus.gardens on google there is a whack
of spam visible there.

yeh as farm says too with that b/d system it is boots and all as i
think they use lunar as part of determining their cycles.

again find a group/forum and start talking to them, if you get serious
you will probably get offers of more help than you can handle.

Old 31-01-2007, 04:35 AM posted to aus.gardens

0tterbot wrote:

nothing in the "biodynamics" "industry" is going to come for free, or even
cheap. i doubt they're interested in you having a trial - you're supposed to
be an unquestioning convert & do the whole "system". then when it works out
for whatever reason, you can be buying dodgy products from them hand over
fist for the rest of your life rolls eyes

Yer, it is rather funny that established agriculture is suddenly
rediscovering soil microflora.
Old 31-01-2007, 10:35 AM posted to aus.gardens

"TACAN" wrote in message
Virgin poster to this group ....

Has anyone had any experience with "horn manure" and if so were the

results
good, bad or indifferent?

Where would I find a supplier in Australia. I recently tried to buy two
small packs of 85g each from someone (Australian company, but sorry -

truly
can't remember who) but they insisted on a $55.00 joining fee before I

could
purchase the packs which cost only about $4 or $5 each. Was just going

trial the brew to what the result might be.
Reading some of the on-line literature it looks quite promising.

stuff cow poop in horn, bury in the soil over winter, lift in the spring.
Stirred in water for an hour and sprayed on to pastures. Only mix the amount
that you can apply within an hour. Spraying rates are 61.25g in 30l of water
per hectare. Usually applied during spring and autumn. Sprayed during a
descending period of the moon in the afternoon. If you have time to wait,
for $55 make your own.

rob

Old 03-02-2007, 01:18 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"TACAN" wrote in message

Has anyone had any experience with "horn manure" and if so were the

results
good, bad or indifferent?

By "horn manure" do you mean the Biodynamic fluid which is made after
burying manure filled cow horns in the soil and then used to make
Formula 500?

Apologies to everyone for late reply (have been a bit off-track lately) and
thanks also for all advice.

Yes the horn manure is the bio-dynamic fluid I had been reading about.
Actually saw a documentary on ABC TV many years ago - they reported the
whole process of stuffing the cow horns with manure, burying it when the
moon was full (or something like that) and digging it x months later.
Truly interesting (and different).

What is this Formula 500 brew?? and where would I buy it?
Have google searched this one & can only pick up references to formula 500
racing cars. :-)

Certainly a fascinating and interesting approach to gardening, agriculture
etc but unfortunately I dont have too much of the time and $$ to go down
this track

Cheers
Graham

Old 03-02-2007, 02:44 AM posted to aus.gardens

"TACAN" wrote in message

[...]

just testing to see if i can reply to this group, been having a few
troubles with outlook, so now have thunderbird

Cheers
Old 04-02-2007, 04:23 AM posted to aus.gardens

"TACAN" wrote in message

[...]

I don't think you can buy it. I think you have to make it. And I
seem to recall that it involves putting some of the horn poo into
water then stirring like mad in one direction (for ages) and then
suddenly stopping stirring and then reversing the stir - and it
involves getting a vortex going whilst stirring so it's not for the
unfit.

Have google searched this one & can only pick up references to

formula 500
racing cars. :-)

I've done some hunting for you. I haven't read these as I'm short of
time but they look like they might give you more info:
http://users.netcon.net.au/hermes1/prep500.html
http://www.kheper.net/ecognosis/essa...namic_500.html
http://www.biodynamics.net.au/what_is_biodynamics.htm
http://mechlinx.com/biodynamic/noro.html
http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s1806608.htm
http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.c...iodynamics.htm

Certainly a fascinating and interesting approach to gardening,

agriculture
etc but unfortunately I dont have too much of the time and $$ to go

down
this track

I think it would be just as good to just garden organically and to
concentrate on feeding and maintaining the soil micro-organisms. By
this I mean a regime of animals manures, compost, various teas made
from weeds, manure etc and mulching etc.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:27 AM posted to aus.gardens

g'day graham,

just in case mate i came across this link:

http://www.aracariaguides.com/index.php

Old 05-02-2007, 11:48 PM posted to aus.gardens

Hi Len
Many thanks for the link - some interesting material.
I'm very intrigued by the book "Invisible Space" - hope to follow up on this
one.

Cheers
Graham

Old 06-02-2007, 07:55 PM posted to aus.gardens

pleasure graham,

keep us informed hye?