Old 04-02-2007, 04:46 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jen Jen is offline

Default elkhorn fern

I just got some Elkhorn ferns from my mother. I decided, instead of
puttying them on a board, as usual, I put them around a wire hanging. It
looks pretty good. Afterwards I thought - I'll never be able to get them
off when they need to be separated. Then I decided it wouldn't matter
anyway, or I could just cut through them from the outside.

What are you thoughts?

Jen

Old 04-02-2007, 07:37 PM posted to aus.gardens

sounds good to me jen,

if you put the elks on the outside of the wire then i can't see too
much difficulty later removng them.

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 04:46:43 GMT, "Jen"
wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
Old 04-02-2007, 11:37 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jen Jen is offline

"gardenlen" wrote in message
news
sounds good to me jen,

if you put the elks on the outside of the wire then i can't see too
much difficulty later removng them.

Actually I pushed the root bits, and centre bits through the wire to hold it
more thoroughly. But even so, by the time they've grown enough separate
them, I would probably need to cut them from the outside anyway, and it
looks so good, I think I will leave it. In fact I might see if I can get
more to do the same thing.

Thanks

Jen

Old 05-02-2007, 10:51 AM posted to aus.gardens

I have one on a piece of 4 by 2 and it looks marvellous. the clump has gone
around in a circle. Taking pups off is always a hit and miss affair as mine
tend to grow through the parents dead bits. Then they take forever to get to
anything.

Cheers

Richard

Old 05-02-2007, 11:30 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jen Jen is offline

"Potaroo" wrote in message
Even if they are on the inside, they will eventually take over and cover
the
wire basket completely.

So would that be a good thing, or a bad thing?

Jen

Old 20-03-2007, 03:23 AM posted to aus.gardens

Jen wrote:

What are you thoughts?

Mostly random synapses, tempered by the inhibited reuptake of serotonin
and noradrenalin.

--
That's_ the message; "Donut sit behind leaning cats that have just
farted you blind"!

Dr HotSalt in A.R.K.

Fungi on Elkhorn fern Donald R Smith Australia 6 12-06-2010 08:16 AM
Elkhorn ferns Jen Gardening 0 04-02-2007 04:46 AM
repost; URGENTt!!Fern People!!! can someone save my fern?? meee Australia 3 15-10-2005 09:36 AM
staghorn or elkhorn? Jen Australia 13 13-10-2005 05:47 AM
Please Help Identify Tree Fern Species daxo Gardening 0 30-01-2003 05:38 AM