Old 17-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Tom Elliott

Default Harvesting corn kernels for replanting

Hi all,

I grew some Honey and Cream corn from Diggers Club, and it was some of
the best corn I've ever eaten. Alas, the season is drawing to an end,
and I've got a few cobs left maturing on the plants.

How do I go about harvesting the kernels for reuse as seed? Any tips
appreciated!

Tom.

Tom Elliott
remove `mapsitna' from email address to reply by email.
Old 19-04-2003, 01:44 AM
John Savage

Tom Elliott writes:
I grew some Honey and Cream corn from Diggers Club, and it was some of
the best corn I've ever eaten.

Home grown corn always is!

How do I go about harvesting the kernels for reuse as seed? Any tips
appreciated!

You'll have to leave them be until the stalks are brown and hard, and
the green covering over the cobs has dried right up. Protect from birds
and rodents.
--
John Savage (newsgroup email invalid; keep news replies in newsgroup)

Replanting Poinsettias in the garden ? (PNW) -L. Gardening 9 09-12-2003 05:42 PM
Planting old corn kernels kessira Edible Gardening 18 31-08-2003 10:12 AM
replanting new roses? Jane Roses 7 16-04-2003 04:56 AM
replanting new roses?I"M BACK! Jane Roses 0 15-04-2003 05:08 AM
REPLANTING TREES alan kearn United Kingdom 4 10-03-2003 11:00 PM