GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Agave Tenuata pups (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/153868-agave-tenuata-pups.html)

Linda H 06-02-2007 08:16 AM

Agave Tenuata pups

My favourite big old agave has about 5 or 6 pups springing up. Should I
let them get bigger before separating them? Is there any particular
method better than another for taking them off?

loosecanon 06-02-2007 11:38 AM

Agave Tenuata pups

"Linda H" wrote in message
u...

My favourite big old agave has about 5 or 6 pups springing up. Should I
let them get bigger before separating them? Is there any particular
method better than another for taking them off?

with the pups just cut them off leave them in a shaded spot with the cut end
touching the ground. Roots will have appeared in 8 weeks and you can pot up
then or wait until winter to plant out in full sun.

Cheers

Richard

Linda H 07-02-2007 12:02 PM

Agave Tenuata pups

Loosecanon wrote:

with the pups just cut them off leave them in a shaded spot with the cut end
touching the ground. Roots will have appeared in 8 weeks and you can pot up
then or wait until winter to plant out in full sun.

Cheers

Richard

Thanks! Gee, that's a while to leave them so I would have done it wrong
- I probably would've just left them for only a few days (like I do with
succulent snip offs.) Grateful, ta.