Old 12-02-2007, 09:08 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Worms

Anyone know where I can get Mail Order Worms, no its not a joke

Old 12-02-2007, 11:03 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Peter" wrote in message
RooBoy wrote:
Anyone know where I can get Mail Order Worms, no its not a joke

Actually id like to know too, got some bunnings vouchers for my b-day and
was thinking of getting a worm farm .. didn't realise that the worms are
sold seperately

really glad i didn't actually buy it yet

Cheers
Pete

look on google - there are heaps of suppliers.

also, some councils will sell worms + farm together at cost price to
residents.
kylie

Old 12-02-2007, 11:13 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Peter" wrote in message
RooBoy wrote:
Anyone know where I can get Mail Order Worms, no its not a joke

Actually id like to know too, got some bunnings vouchers for my b-day
and was thinking of getting a worm farm .. didn't realise that the worms
are sold seperately

really glad i didn't actually buy it yet

Cheers
Pete

Seem to recall a supplier in Western Victoria a few years ago, but got no
hits on my search.

This http://www.thewormman.com/forms/orderform.php however, did turn up.
He's in NSW.

As did this ... http://www.reln.com.au/product_info.php?cid=3&pid=131
The instruction book suggests phoning the "Worm Hotline" on 1300 367 768

HTH.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:43 PM posted to aus.gardens

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:28:48 +0800, Peter wrote:

RooBoy wrote:
Anyone know where I can get Mail Order Worms, no its not a joke

Actually id like to know too, got some bunnings vouchers for my b-day
and was thinking of getting a worm farm .. didn't realise that the worms
are sold seperately

really glad i didn't actually buy it yet

Cheers
Pete

Hey Pete,

Check with Bunnings..... They sell worms in boxes.

Or at least they did last year when I got some.

Thye had two different size packs, according to the number of worms in
them.

HTH

Tony

Old 12-02-2007, 06:50 PM posted to aus.gardens

g'day rooboy,

did you try a google?

also not sure which part of the country yo are from but most places
have a local worm retailer in their district.

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:08:05 +1000, "RooBoy"
wrote:

Anyone know where I can get Mail Order Worms, no its not a joke

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

Old 12-02-2007, 11:44 PM posted to aus.gardens

RooBoy wrote:
Anyone know where I can get Mail Order Worms, no its not a joke

If the other suggestions are not suitable,try a letter to your local
newspaper (assuming you have one).

Old 13-02-2007, 12:58 AM posted to aus.gardens

wrote:

Anyone know where I can get Mail Order Worms, no its not a joke

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

I have since tried Google thanx........I am from Wide Bay area near Hervey
Bay

Old 13-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooBoy[_2_] View Post
Anyone know where I can get Mail Order Worms, no its not a joke
My local council has some details
http://www.maribyrnong.vic.gov.au/Pa...ge_Id=1475&h=1

Worm Suppliers
Worms can be purchased from:
Ceres Nursery
8 Lee St Brunswick, Phone: 9387 4403 (Home delivery service available for a fee.)

Mr Worms
135 Mt Alexander Rd Flemington, Phone: 9376 7804

Mitre 10
105 Pier St Altona, Phone: 9398 3244

Mitre 10
428 Francis St Brooklyn - By pre-arranged order only. Phone: 9314 6322
and most Mitre 10 stores.

* Please check the Yellow Pages for additional worm suppliers. Council does not warrant that worms supplied by them are suitable for its intended purposes and recommends that purchasers make their own enquiries as to the suitability of the product.
Old 13-02-2007, 07:17 PM posted to aus.gardens

g'day rooboy,

here is a new supplier in the sunshine coast area have a look they may
ship to you they sell complete farms as wella s wroms:

http://www.wormsdownunder.com.au/

Old 13-02-2007, 07:18 PM posted to aus.gardens

my other post might be very usefull then hey sunshine coast not that
far away.

snipped

Old 13-02-2007, 07:20 PM posted to aus.gardens

that's a top idea rooboy,

yes i long ago cut out the middle man on composting, put the worms in
the garden beds and feed them in their that is where you want all the
benefits hey?

buy a kilo of worms and spread them around then keep adding yor
rottable kitchen scraps they will be as happy as pigs in mud.

snipped