Old 28-02-2007, 11:54 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Pickled chillies?

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

i was disappointed to read recently dr karl "debunking" the myth of (what
we
call in our family) curry-bottom - i.e. the misery one can experience
while
on the loo the day after eating something unusually hot. dr karl is
mostly
right but sometimes wrong - everyone _i_ know thinks he's totally wrong
on
this one.

I've never suffered from this problem, and my eating of hot food is now
occasional.

people can be different - it doesn't mean curry-bum doesn't exist :-)

next you'll be telling me you don't get after-grog-bog, either g

Do you use very soft TP?

yuck no. there is only ONE toilet paper in the world - safe recycled
unbleached (the lovely brown one).

i must admit to wondering why you are asking this though!!
kylie

Old 01-03-2007, 02:40 AM posted to aus.gardens

In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

I've never suffered from this problem, and my eating of hot food is now
occasional.

people can be different - it doesn't mean curry-bum doesn't exist :-)

next you'll be telling me you don't get after-grog-bog, either g

Never have enough grog to have a problem!

Do you use very soft TP?

yuck no. there is only ONE toilet paper in the world - safe recycled
unbleached (the lovely brown one).

i must admit to wondering why you are asking this though!!

Wondering if you had a more sensitive bottom!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old 01-03-2007, 11:42 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Chookie" wrote in message

Do you use very soft TP?

yuck no. there is only ONE toilet paper in the world - safe recycled
unbleached (the lovely brown one).

i must admit to wondering why you are asking this though!!

Wondering if you had a more sensitive bottom!

well, now here is a subject that interests me ;-) (other readers may wish to
avert their eyes).

the very _reason_ i use safe recycled unbleached is because i'm seemingly
allergic to everything else. the papers that cause the most horror and
discomfort are those dreadful modern super-soft ones (which essentially
dissolve on contact & are generally ghastly - and useless anyway ;-). those
are bad. down with those!!!!

not sure if you are old enough to recall - but do you remember the school
toilet paper of years past? it was like waxed paper, only harder and less
absorbent. a person could do themselves a serious injury!

how the tough girls at high school managed to manufacture toilet paper bombs
from it to throw onto the toilet block ceiling is an absolute mystery to me.
the damn stuff was waterproof.

getting slightly back onto the subject at hand - the peeps in the study dr
karl cited had haemorrhoids but no evidence of curry bum. i just don't
believe it.
kylie

Old 02-03-2007, 08:36 AM posted to aus.gardens

In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

Wondering if you had a more sensitive bottom!

well, now here is a subject that interests me ;-) (other readers may wish to
avert their eyes).

the very _reason_ i use safe recycled unbleached is because i'm seemingly
allergic to everything else.

LOL. I use it because it's cheap, soft enough and recycled.

not sure if you are old enough to recall - but do you remember the school
toilet paper of years past? it was like waxed paper, only harder and less
absorbent. a person could do themselves a serious injury!

Oh you HAD toilet paper, did you? Our school mysteriously discovered TP after
the outgoing Year 12 mentioned at their speech day that they had thought that
a big box of TP would be the best present they could give the school, but they
eventually opted for something more traditional. So when i was in Year 12, a
short length of chain appeared in the loos, padlocked to the wall, with a
maximum of two rolls appearing on it per day. In a school of ~900.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old 02-03-2007, 10:10 PM posted to aus.gardens
SG1 SG1 is offline

I refuse to use recycled dunny paper because it looks horrible drying on the
clothes line with all the brown bits.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:19 AM posted to aus.gardens

"SG1" wrote in message
I refuse to use recycled dunny paper because it looks horrible drying on
the clothes line with all the brown bits.

*tch*
you're going to have to learn how to wash it better, aren't you?

although it's true that loo paper has been getting less & less white now
that laundry blue and coppers are unfashionable. young people today.... i
just don't know. there are _standards_ to consider..!
kylie

Old 04-03-2007, 02:40 AM posted to aus.gardens

*Phew* Brave souls....DH likes 'em hot, I don't...but I looove mild sweet
chilli sauce, so if anyone knows how to make one, chuck the recipe this way

"len garden" wrote in message
g'day meeee,

chillies are reputed to have very good health values for us, the use
of them will certianly help clear the sinuses.

to keep heat range down when/if you go to use the chillies slice them
open and scarap out the white pulp and seeds, for first timers don't
make a realy hot dish start mild use a little at a time and increase
the amount you use over time, you can build up your taste i know
people who can eat the habinaro (hottest of the hot) like we would eat
an apple, and not bring a tear to their eye.

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 05:51:04 GMT, "meeee"
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

Old 07-03-2007, 06:27 AM posted to aus.gardens

"meeee" wrote in message
*Phew* Brave souls....DH likes 'em hot, I don't...but I looove mild sweet
chilli sauce, so if anyone knows how to make one, chuck the recipe this
way

I made some sweet chilli sauce with some very hot thai chillies out of my
garden last week. It's quite hot for a sweet chilli sauce, but it would
just depend on how spicy your chillies are, and if you add the seeds (I
did).

I made the recipe up as I went along, and didn't measure anything, but can
give you a rough idea.. It turned out great anyway.

About 10 Chillies - chopped fairly finely
2 Cloves of Garlic - chopped
3 Cups of White Vinegar
2 Cups of White Sugar
1/2 - 1 Cup of Water
Desert Spoon of Salt

Over a low - medium heat, put the all of the ingredients (except salt) in
the saucepan.

Stir regularly and let it reduce until you get to the required thickness.
Add the salt to taste at the end. You can turn the heat up to get it to
reduce faster, but you will need to constantly stir it to stop it from
burning on the bottom.

I was constantly adding vinegar / sugar and water to try to get the right
taste. The amounts that I've given above are about the amounts that I used.

Give it a go, the results are worth it.

Liam.