Old 05-03-2007, 01:33 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default goggle maps ???

Linda H wrote:
Jonno wrote:

The Victorian version Here it tis.
Use the force !!!

http://services.land.vic.gov.au/land...veMapIntro.jsp

Ooh, thank you, Jonno!

No aerial shots though.. Just maps.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:38 AM posted to aus.gardens

Jonno wrote:

Ooh, thank you, Jonno!

No aerial shots though.. Just maps.

Yeah, too bad about that but I still love maps. Dunno why, just do.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:54 AM posted to aus.gardens

Linda H wrote:
Jonno wrote:

Ooh, thank you, Jonno!

No aerial shots though.. Just maps.

Yeah, too bad about that but I still love maps. Dunno why, just do.

Its because of no matter where you go, there you are.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:20 AM posted to aus.gardens

Jonno wrote:

Yeah, too bad about that but I still love maps. Dunno why, just do.

Its because of no matter where you go, there you are.

Well, there ya go!

-- Hugo
Old 05-03-2007, 07:09 AM posted to aus.gardens

Lets not all get too precious over the 10 yo denate. Remember the 2 14 yo
girls who murdered the cab driver, yes they too were 'innocent juveniles'
Ten year olds are not ten year olds of 30 years ago!!

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

gasp!! i had to live in the act for 18 months, i could NOT wait to get
back
to my beloved home state! (although i call it "the police state", not
"the
premier state" - it's got its drawbacks g )

The police state? But we haven't elected Peter Debnam yet...

if he gets in all the number plates will say "nsw - the premier gulag" g
(or perhaps "nsw - round them all up & charge them with anything!")

("nsw -
the first australian penal colony, and still the best!")

isn't it encouraging to think that even 10 year olds might be denied
standard democratic process? about time they were treated like the rest of
us, by jingo!!!1
kylie

Old 05-03-2007, 12:15 PM posted to aus.gardens

In article , "Potaroo"
wrote:

Lets not all get too precious over the 10 yo denate. Remember the 2 14 yo
girls who murdered the cab driver, yes they too were 'innocent juveniles'
Ten year olds are not ten year olds of 30 years ago!!

snort

They never were. Ever see 'Heavenly Creatures'? But a 10yo, or even a 14yo,
doesn't think like an adult. And in the extremely rare cases where a child
commits murder -- and it IS extremely rare -- they generally aren't ordinary
children. "Disturbed" is the usual description.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old 05-03-2007, 11:16 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article , "Potaroo"
wrote:

Lets not all get too precious over the 10 yo denate. Remember the 2 14
yo
girls who murdered the cab driver, yes they too were 'innocent juveniles'
Ten year olds are not ten year olds of 30 years ago!!

snort

They never were.

i have it on good authority that moaning on about young people has been
going on since the ancient greeks. :-) (clearly, all right-wing politicians
sprung from the ground fully formed, and were never young themselves).

i'm pretty sure that ignorant politicians using fear-of-others to manipulate
people who don't know any better and don't want to, has been going on just
as long (if not longer).

Ever see 'Heavenly Creatures'? But a 10yo, or even a 14yo,
doesn't think like an adult. And in the extremely rare cases where a
child
commits murder -- and it IS extremely rare -- they generally aren't
ordinary
children. "Disturbed" is the usual description.

i liked that letter to the smh yesterday concerning how we are all happy to
feel that it takes a village to raise a child but are unwilling to
acknowledge that it takes a village to fail a child. the massive majority of
criminals (real criminals, not children!) are people whom we have failed.

and peter debnam has no children. this is merely one of many areas where he
just hasn't got a barking clue what he's even talking about.

righto, back to gardening!
kylie