GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spathyphillium (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/155328-spathyphillium.html)

PatC 17-03-2007 10:02 AM

Spathyphillium

Hi
I posted this one week ago, but for some reason it doesn't show up on my message board:

My plants are suffering,can anyone explain these symptoms:
The tip of the leaf turns brown & after a week or so the rest of the leaf turns yellow & dies.
I thought maybe too much water, but then again it doesn't seem to make any difference - when I water them the same thing happens if I don't water them?
Thanks
Pat

0tterbot 18-03-2007 09:29 AM

Spathyphillium

"PatC" wrote in message
Hi
I posted this one week ago, but for some reason it doesn't show up on my
message board:

My plants are suffering,can anyone explain these symptoms:
The tip of the leaf turns brown & after a week or so the rest of the leaf
turns yellow & dies.
I thought maybe too much water, but then again it doesn't seem to make any
difference - when I water them the same thing happens if I don't water
them?
Thanks
Pat

-

if i had the first idea what spathyphillium is, i might be able to help! g
kylie

PatC 19-03-2007 10:53 AM

Spathyphillium

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"PatC" wrote in message

Hi
I posted this one week ago, but for some reason it doesn't show up on my
message board:

My plants are suffering,can anyone explain these symptoms:
The tip of the leaf turns brown & after a week or so the rest of the leaf
turns yellow & dies.
I thought maybe too much water, but then again it doesn't seem to make any
difference - when I water them the same thing happens if I don't water
them?
Thanks
Pat

-

if i had the first idea what spathyphillium is, i might be able to help!

kylie

Why waste my time
obviously you have too much time... I wish I did.
Goodbye

Anne Chambers[_2_] 19-03-2007 11:10 AM

Spathyphillium

PatC wrote:

Hi
I posted this one week ago, but for some reason it doesn't show up on my
message board:

My plants are suffering,can anyone explain these symptoms:
The tip of the leaf turns brown & after a week or so the rest of the
leaf turns yellow & dies.
I thought maybe too much water, but then again it doesn't seem to make
any difference - when I water them the same thing happens if I don't
water them?
Thanks
Pat

This might help
http://www.searle.com.au/madonna.htm

--
Anne Chambers,
South Australia

0tterbot 19-03-2007 10:07 PM

Spathyphillium

"PatC" wrote in message

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"PatC" wrote in message

Hi
I posted this one week ago, but for some reason it doesn't show up on my
message board:

My plants are suffering,can anyone explain these symptoms:
The tip of the leaf turns brown & after a week or so the rest of the leaf
turns yellow & dies.
I thought maybe too much water, but then again it doesn't seem to make
any
difference - when I water them the same thing happens if I don't water
them?
Thanks
Pat

-

if i had the first idea what spathyphillium is, i might be able to help!

kylie

Why waste my time
obviously you have too much time... I wish I did.
Goodbye

well i'm sorry you took that totally the wrong way. i was discreetly trying
to let you know your posts had come through (both times) but were simply
going unanswered.

PatC 20-03-2007 09:40 AM

Spathyphillium

"Anne Chambers" wrote in message
PatC wrote:

Hi
I posted this one week ago, but for some reason it doesn't show up on my
message board:

My plants are suffering,can anyone explain these symptoms:
The tip of the leaf turns brown & after a week or so the rest of the
leaf turns yellow & dies.
I thought maybe too much water, but then again it doesn't seem to make
any difference - when I water them the same thing happens if I don't
water them?
Thanks
Pat

This might help
http://www.searle.com.au/madonna.htm

--
Anne Chambers,
South Australia
anne dot chambers at bigpond dot com

Hi & thanks
Doesn't seem to address my concerns though.
Pat

PatC 20-03-2007 09:42 AM

Spathyphillium

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"PatC" wrote in message

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"PatC" wrote in message

[...]

SO Sorry
There are so many ratbags out there I wrongly assumed that you were being a
smart arse.
Once again please accept my sincere apologies.

Pat

Anne Chambers[_2_] 20-03-2007 10:00 AM

Spathyphillium

PatC wrote:

This might help
http://www.searle.com.au/madonna.htm

--
Anne Chambers,
South Australia
anne dot chambers at bigpond dot com

Hi & thanks
Doesn't seem to address my concerns though.
Pat

Maybe you need to change its position ? It sounds as if it might be
getting too much light.

China[_1_] 15-04-2007 12:47 AM

Spathyphillium

G'day, sounds like too much water. Do not water it until it starts to
wilt, and then soak it in water and allow to drain. I presume it is in a
decent soil with free drainage.