GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hydrangea Cuttings (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/155478-hydrangea-cuttings.html)

Luke 20-03-2007 12:19 AM

Hydrangea Cuttings

Can anyone tell me when the best time to take Hydrangea Cuttings is? Also
what veggies should I be planting now (especially for sandy riverland soil)

Cheers
Luke

Potaroo 20-03-2007 10:12 AM

Hydrangea Cuttings

Luke I took some (pencil length) about a month ago and they have already
been transplanted where I want them.
8 all told and all 8 struck.
Cheers, Pete

Chookie 20-03-2007 09:25 PM

Hydrangea Cuttings

In article , "Luke"
wrote:

Can anyone tell me when the best time to take Hydrangea Cuttings is? Also
what veggies should I be planting now (especially for sandy riverland soil)

http://www.global-garden.com.au/ggplantguide.htm

Planting guides vary by time of year, not soil type. Sandy soils make growing
root vegies easy, so think about carrots, parsnips, garlic, salsify and
similar. The cabbage tribe want more organic matter mixed in, so it depends
how much improvement you have done.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue

Luke 21-03-2007 01:43 AM

Hydrangea Cuttings

how long did it take for them to struck, i've had some in for over a week
and most still look fine, a few look dead though, i don't really want to
pull them up for fear of breaking the fragile roots