GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   chiminea (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/156146-chiminea.html)

syracuse 01-04-2007 09:12 AM

chiminea

Hi All

I haven't posted here for a number of years as I am now a unit dweller
(regretably) but I have tried to turn the balcony into a minimalist
Babylon with grape vine, lime tree, olive tree, herbs, vegies & a few
flowers & ferns. Hopefully I will be able to replant most when I
return to an area that will support a larger garden.

Anyway, I miss my Chiminea. Is it possible to get a small cast iron
unit that will run on heat beads? (I have tried a search on the net)

Thanks

Graeme

Rheilly Phoull 01-04-2007 11:08 AM

chiminea

"syracuse" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All

I haven't posted here for a number of years as I am now a unit dweller
(regretably) but I have tried to turn the balcony into a minimalist
Babylon with grape vine, lime tree, olive tree, herbs, vegies & a few
flowers & ferns. Hopefully I will be able to replant most when I
return to an area that will support a larger garden.

Anyway, I miss my Chiminea. Is it possible to get a small cast iron
unit that will run on heat beads? (I have tried a search on the net)

Thanks

Graeme

As I recall Hibatchi have something of that nature, you can even use it as a
barbie too :-)

--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P

Staycalm 01-04-2007 11:17 AM

chiminea

"Rheilly Phoull" wrote in message

"syracuse" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All

I haven't posted here for a number of years as I am now a unit dweller
(regretably) but I have tried to turn the balcony into a minimalist
Babylon with grape vine, lime tree, olive tree, herbs, vegies & a few
flowers & ferns. Hopefully I will be able to replant most when I
return to an area that will support a larger garden.

Anyway, I miss my Chiminea. Is it possible to get a small cast iron
unit that will run on heat beads? (I have tried a search on the net)

Thanks

Graeme

As I recall Hibatchi have something of that nature, you can even use it as
a barbie too :-)

--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P

That's what I was about to suggest. They are very portable.

Liz

HC 02-04-2007 07:40 AM

chiminea

G'day Graeme

I've been wanting a brazier and just missed a 'new' one at the markets
on Saturday, as I arrived at a stall, the lady in front of me turned to
walk away and had it in her hands!! @#$%^&*

Anyway, I checked and there are two on eBay, although postage costs
would be quite high if you weren't in their area .....

http://tinyurl.com/2u9gwr

http://tinyurl.com/ywgooj

And then there's this one.....

http://tinyurl.com/2767p5

NO affiliation with either seller, it's just that I'm looking for one
myself.

Bronwyn ;-)

HC 02-04-2007 07:43 AM

chiminea

Oh....The Warehouse used to have them too but our local store seems to
have closed, don't know when, but it's totally deserted. Hope your's is
still open.
Bronwyn ;-)

syracuse 02-04-2007 08:32 AM

chiminea

syracuse wrote:
Hi All

I haven't posted here for a number of years as I am now a unit dweller
(regretably) but I have tried to turn the balcony into a minimalist
Babylon with grape vine, lime tree, olive tree, herbs, vegies & a few
flowers & ferns. Hopefully I will be able to replant most when I
return to an area that will support a larger garden.

Anyway, I miss my Chiminea. Is it possible to get a small cast iron
unit that will run on heat beads? (I have tried a search on the net)

Thanks

Graeme- Hide quoted text -

Hi all

Yeah! They could be the go. I did see a small chiminea a few years
ago; about maybe 1 metre high & proportional. It may have been a non-
working display model.

Graeme

Vampyre 03-04-2007 06:39 AM

chiminea

syracuse wrote:
Hi All
I haven't posted here for a number of years as I am now a unit dweller
(regretably) but I have tried to turn the balcony into a minimalist
Babylon with grape vine, lime tree, olive tree, herbs, vegies & a few
flowers & ferns. Hopefully I will be able to replant most when I
return to an area that will support a larger garden.
Anyway, I miss my Chiminea. Is it possible to get a small cast iron
unit that will run on heat beads? (I have tried a search on the net)
Thanks
Graeme- Hide quoted text -

Hi all

Yeah! They could be the go. I did see a small chiminea a few years
ago; about maybe 1 metre high & proportional. It may have been a non-
working display model.

Graeme

Those little things at Bunnings are pretty ordinary quality.
BBQs Galore sell some braziers that are of reasonable quality.
Otherwise, Innovative Imports sell good quality units :
http://www.chiminea.com.au/
I purchased one years ago from them, the quality was fantastic. (The
chimney was detachable, very handy. Too bad they don't stock that
model any more)

They are all heavy though, so if you're not near Camberwell, VIC
postage would be pretty expensive.

syracuse 03-04-2007 07:58 AM

chiminea

syracuse wrote:
[...]

postage would be pretty expensive.- Hide quoted text -

Well! Thanks all. I went to Bunnings, then BBQ's galore. Found exactly
what I was looking for: a small chiminea.

And I bought an Hibachi kettle type BBQ.

Function, this time, won over form. (The small balcony!!)(sigh!)

syracuse 05-04-2007 11:10 AM

chiminea

syracuse wrote:

syracuse wrote:

[...]

Function, this time, won over form. (The small balcony!!)(sigh!)- Hide quoted text -

$39 & it was an Hibarchi. I tried it last night & it very good.