GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   flies (even at this time of year) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/156591-flies-even-time-year.html)

jones 10-04-2007 04:06 AM

flies (even at this time of year)

Not one came indoors in summer, now as soon as you open the screen door, they come in as if they are hanging around waiting.

Anything I can plant near the back door, or a climber or something, that would MAYBE deter them?

Thanks as always for your help.
Katherine

0tterbot 10-04-2007 01:24 PM

"jones" wrote in message
Not one came indoors in summer, now as soon as you open the screen door,
they come in as if they are hanging around waiting.

Anything I can plant near the back door, or a climber or something, that
would MAYBE deter them?

Thanks as always for your help.
Katherine
-
apparently mint or pennyroyal are used thusly. you would need to step on or
otherwise lightly crush pennyroyal to bring out the scent. insects seem to
dislike both of these.

as an aside, pennyroyal lawns used to be grown by aristocrats so that single
ladies who found themselves mysteriously pregnant would walk on the lawn to
try to bring on a miscarriage. hm!
kylie