Old 27-04-2007, 06:53 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Aussie environment destruction

"Chookie" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

I've been accused of being a left wing pinko in misc.rural more times
than
I've had a hot dinner. If I wrote or said the same think either here or
in
any group in Oz it wouldn't even raise a flicker of comment about my
political affiliations. To Yanks it would seem I do appear to be a
raging
leftie, but to any others in the western world I'd be middle of the road
(which my voting history of everything from Country Party to Labor [and
not
in a linear fashion, but in a swinging voter fashion] would indicate to
anyone with half a brain).

I find many Yanks to be very exasperating.

LOL, you too?

:-)) Prolly something all of us have in common when we come in contact with
them on usenet :-)))))

I'm in the midst of a stoush on gun control atm.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt :-)) I've had the "you Ossies are
sheeple letting your govt take your guns off yoo" a lot. They don't (or
won't) try to understand that the gun buy back was popularly supported, that
guns aren't part of our culture like they are in the US, that most
Australians don't fear for their lives etc, etc and nor will they understand
that I actually increased my gun ownership after the buyback went into
operation. They know better about our gun laws that I do as a) a resident
of this country, b) a licenced gun owner and c) a gun buyer after the buy
back went into operation. No wonder so many of them give me the poops.

Talk about
black-and-white mindsets -- suggesting that you should prevent nutcases
and
boofheads from getting weapons makes me a pinko who wants to strip away
their
Right To Bear Arms.

Yep (in their weird wee minds).

Which of itself tends to make me think that the pro-gun
types in the US ARE all nuts in the first place. Worse, they are
*terrified*
of each other. The only thing worse than a yank gun-nut is a frightened
yank
gun-nut.

Indeed. Thier fear of each other is palpable. I would hate to live in the
US given the attitudes they express but they can't see it.

Give 'em heaps!

Old 27-04-2007, 07:02 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

on a positive note, many people are waking up to better ways to do things
here, and it's a learning process that i believe is almost at critical
mass,
but essentially are hindered by a few things (see jonno's post) but
mainly
our godforsaken dickhead gobshite ****knuckle federal govt, who have now
decided it's a top idea to drain wetlands so that people who already
waste
water can waste even more of it. i could just scream (in fact, sometimes
do!)

Oh good. I'm not the only one who thinks that killing off inland fish and
bird stocks for the sake of crack-brained irrigation schemes is
ridiculous.

When I heard Honest John saying that we'd have a crisis on the
Murray-Darling
if there wasn't rain in the next 6 weeks, I wanted to throw up. I suppose
the
public servants Didn't Tell Him About It (TM).

:-)))) No, his very highly paid Advisers (who are neither elected or Public
Servants so cannot be made in any way accountable) would have seen the
advice and made sure that Howard knew about it but didn't actually see a
piece of paper. When and if Howard is questioned he can very truthfully say
that no such advice ever reached his desk.

Howard is probably the most hardworking, diligent and vigilent politician
this country has ever had but he is also one of the cleverest. He is the
master of the very careful wording and because Australians don't bother
listening or analysing what he says he keeps getting away with it and our
stupid press don't call him on it because they don't analyse what he says
and how he says it. All positively puke making.

Old 27-04-2007, 08:06 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Chookie" wrote in message

I'm in the midst of a stoush on gun control atm.

I've just been off to read that thread. Some right turkeys in there!

Is that idiot whose sig is "nimue" really a teacher of English Lit?????
Having read what it has written, I'd say it was barely literate.

Old 27-04-2007, 11:37 AM posted to aus.gardens

He is the
master of the very careful wording and because Australians don't bother
listening or analysing what he says he keeps getting away with it and our
stupid press don't call him on it

would you say he's still getting away with it? i mean, admittedly he's not
in jail where he belongs for Crimes Against Democracy. ;-) but the opinion
polls and my Very Mild Superpowers * tell me my woes will all be gone by
christmas.
kylie

* with thanks to david o'doherty

Old 27-04-2007, 11:41 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Chookie" wrote in message
Worse, they are *terrified*
of each other. The only thing worse than a yank gun-nut is a frightened
yank
gun-nut.

they are a fearful breed. and scared people are more dangerous than anyone.

but the ones going "if all the other students could have handguns secreted
all about their persons for a typical day at uni (as you do), it never would
have happened!!" do my head in entirely. gah!!!!!!!

it makes me gibber incoherently.
kylie

Old 27-04-2007, 01:58 PM posted to aus.gardens

Coward I was funnier than you!!
Jonno wrote:
FarmI wrote:

"Jonno" wrote in message

FarmI wrote:

"Jonno" wrote in message

Im sure womens underwear has its place....but its o so tiny.

You're buying the wrong size and style. Try size 24 Cottontails -
aka "big girls bloomers".

Dems fighting words I aint no big sheila See you behind the shelter
shed if you dare!!!!!

:-)) I was told by a pretty tough construction engineer after I saw
off a contractor that he couldn't deal with that I had balls. Still
wanna take me on?

Nuthing a 4 b 2 wouldnt fix.
But maybe the metric equiv.
Wed use the balls for cricket afterwards....

Old 28-04-2007, 01:36 PM posted to aus.gardens

In article ,

"Chookie" wrote in message

I'm in the midst of a stoush on gun control atm.

I've just been off to read that thread. Some right turkeys in there!

Is that idiot whose sig is "nimue" really a teacher of English Lit?????
Having read what it has written, I'd say it was barely literate.

Well, she's previously said she is. And said in this thread that she'd
graduated summa cum laude, which is probably with a distinction average. OTOH
on the internet, nobody knows if you're a dog...

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old 28-04-2007, 01:45 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Chookie" wrote in message

I'm in the midst of a stoush on gun control atm.

I've just been off to read that thread. Some right turkeys in there!

Is that idiot whose sig is "nimue" really a teacher of English Lit?????
Having read what it has written, I'd say it was barely literate.

Well, she's previously said she is. And said in this thread that she'd
graduated summa cum laude, which is probably with a distinction average.
OTOH
on the internet, nobody knows if you're a dog...

:-))) I would have thought that it becomes obvious very quickly if one is a
dog.

I've had another look earlier tonight and nimue has made even more
outrageously ignoramus statements today. And someone else has chimed in
claiming that Oz has banned guns (wonder why I didn't hear about that???)
and our homicide figures are worse than ever! One year in the past 10 they
are higher and all the rest show a lower rate than before the buy back. It
could still be lower per 100K of population because of increase in
population but that fact has obviously escaped her. It's impossible to get
sensible thoughts from dopes like those 2.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:03 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Chookie" wrote in message

[...]

Regarding guns, it would seem that other methods are now being used to
kill like machettes, swords knives and the most dangerous, jealous
girlfriends (only if youve got a few bob.) I reckon they should all be
banned. As well as this, misleading statistics are kiling more people
every day. They should all be banned, and anyone using them (see coming
elactions) should be made to listen to John Howards speeches for the
next 5 years or so.