Old 25-04-2007, 04:48 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default tomatoes from seed

Hi to the Group,

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice.I was usually put in
about 15 tomato plants.Last August I tried a new plant,Moonshot and that did
real well.When they were finished I went with the Moonshot again with the
same result,expect for one plant that I got any more tomatoes off,it was
exceptional.The other are nearly finished now and the real good one is still
going ok.I was going to try and use this plant again next August but I do
not know how to do it.Do I get a tomato from the plant and get the seeds and
store them?

Thank you,

Mick

Old 25-04-2007, 10:22 AM posted to aus.gardens

"mick" wrote in message
Hi to the Group,

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice.I was usually put in
about 15 tomato plants.Last August I tried a new plant,Moonshot and that
did
real well.When they were finished I went with the Moonshot again with the
same result,expect for one plant that I got any more tomatoes off,it was
exceptional.The other are nearly finished now and the real good one is
still
going ok.I was going to try and use this plant again next August but I do
not know how to do it.Do I get a tomato from the plant and get the seeds
and
store them?

yes :-) choose a fruit & let it get nicely ripe (so the seeds are ripe).
after you pick it, wash the seed out to get the goo off, let it dry WELL, &
keep it for next season.
good luck!! my tomatoes have been exceedingly ordinary this year, (except
the cherry, those are always reliable!)
kylie