GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   lemons brown inside (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/159241-lemons-brown-inside.html)

Sandra Bodycoat 28-05-2007 11:42 AM

lemons brown inside

Hi

My lemon tree has plenty of fruit, I feed it, debug it but the fruit in some
lemons is brown & partially dried out, why?
Thanks
Sandra

Jonno[_9_] 30-05-2007 09:28 AM

lemons brown inside

Re previous.
Due to surface roots these trees stress and dry out very quickly.

John Savage 31-05-2007 03:13 PM

lemons brown inside

"Sandra Bodycoat" writes:
My lemon tree has plenty of fruit, I feed it, debug it but the fruit in some
lemons is brown & partially dried out, why?

Is the dry brown flesh localised in the fruit? If so, that is exactly
how the damage from the Bronze Orange bug shows up. Usually the skin
has a surface bump over that area of damage, too.

The bronze orange bug starts out tiny and green, becomes orange, then
the final stage is a winged black adult. Spraying every fortnight for
all the year with PestOil is said to rid the tree of these pests (as
they emerge from the egg) along with many other pests and diseases.