Old 28-05-2007, 11:43 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Weeping mulberry

Hi
How long does it take a weeping mulberry to start looking lush & good? The
tree has been in the ground since December 05, it just doesnt ever look
great.
Thanks
Sandra

Old 29-05-2007, 10:23 AM posted to aus.gardens

In article ,
"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote:

Hi
How long does it take a weeping mulberry to start looking lush & good? The
tree has been in the ground since December 05, it just doesnt ever look
great.

Not now -- it should be starting to lose its leaves!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old 30-05-2007, 03:06 AM posted to aus.gardens

On May 29, 7:23 pm, Chookie wrote:
In article ,
"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote:

Hi
How long does it take a weeping mulberry to start looking lush & good? The
tree has been in the ground since December 05, it just doesnt ever look
great.

Not now -- it should be starting to lose its leaves!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue

Mine looked pretty good within the first 1-2 years. It took another
couple for the trunk to get large enough to support the head though.

Old 30-05-2007, 12:26 PM posted to aus.gardens

You are right it is losing its leaves, but the past few months the leaves
have been yellow/green with brown edges. I am assuming I am doing everything
it wants, water, food.
Cheers
Sandra
oups.com...
"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote:

Hi
How long does it take a weeping mulberry to start looking lush & good?
The
tree has been in the ground since December 05, it just doesnt ever look
great.

Not now -- it should be starting to lose its leaves!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Parenthood is like the modern stone washing process for denim jeans. You
may

Old 03-06-2007, 01:33 PM posted to aus.gardens

In article ,
"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote:

You are right it is losing its leaves, but the past few months the leaves
have been yellow/green with brown edges. I am assuming I am doing everything
it wants, water, food.

If your climate is anything like Sydney's, just leave it alone. I have a
self-sown mulberry that is at least 4m tall and about 4 years old. Care
given? Zero.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue