Old 11-06-2007, 09:51 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Pinkerbelle information wanted

Hi
I am interested in planting a Pinkerbelle apple tree but want to know how
much area they need to grow?
Cheers
Sandra

Old 18-06-2007, 01:14 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message
Hi
I am interested in planting a Pinkerbelle apple tree but want to know how
much area they need to grow?
Cheers
Sandra

I just bought one on the weekend (after reading a good article about them).

I will find out more info for you when I get home, but from what I know they
are a dwarf Pink Lady apple tree. They can be grown in tubs successfully.
I would say in terms of area they would probably do well in 1 - 2 square
metres.

Liam.

Old 18-06-2007, 08:00 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message
Hi
I am interested in planting a Pinkerbelle apple tree but want to know how
much area they need to grow?
Cheers
Sandra

Here's more info from the company selling it:

http://www.plantnet.com.au/pinkabelle.html

Old 18-06-2007, 02:58 PM posted to aus.gardens

Hi
I read the info from planetnet, it states that they are partially fertile
but will benefit from cross pollination, does this mean another apple treem
must be close by?
Thanks
Sandra

Old 19-06-2007, 05:28 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message
Hi
I read the info from planetnet, it states that they are partially fertile
but will benefit from cross pollination, does this mean another apple
treem must be close by?
Thanks
Sandra

From what I can gather, it doesn't need to have another apple tree nearby,
but it would be a help for it. If someone in your neighbourhood has a
suitable tree (a Pink Lady i think), then maybe the bees will be able to do
their job well enough.

Liam.