GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pruning of weeping mulberry (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/162284-pruning-weeping-mulberry.html)

Sandra Bodycoat 28-07-2007 12:16 PM

Pruning of weeping mulberry

Hi
I have a weeping mulberry that will have been in the ground 2yrs this
December, does it need to be trimmed to promote more growth or do I just
leave it & wait?
cheers
Sandra

David Hare-Scott 03-08-2007 07:05 AM

"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message
Hi
I have a weeping mulberry that will have been in the ground 2yrs this
December, does it need to be trimmed to promote more growth or do I just
leave it & wait?
cheers
Sandra

I don't have weeping mulberrys but standard mulberrys would not need pruning
after 2 years unless getting very tall and spindly, even then only the tops
of the leader(s) need to be shortened. It also depends on if you want a
bush or a tree, they can be trained to either.

David

Sandra Bodycoat 11-08-2007 11:35 AM

Pruning of weeping mulberry

I just want the tree to grow, get thick & look more healthy, I have been
assured that it will with time. (impatient)
cheers
Sandra