Old 01-09-2007, 08:56 PM posted to aus.gardens
col col is offline

Default How much do raspberry/sugar fig trees sell for ?

How much do raspberry/sugar fig trees sell for ?
We have a 45 year old fig tree out the back which was from a cutting
of a fig tree that was 80 years old. I have made several cuttings
which are growing well.

Just wondering how much they sell for please.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:01 AM posted to aus.gardens

col wrote:
How much do raspberry/sugar fig trees sell for ?
We have a 45 year old fig tree out the back which was from a cutting
of a fig tree that was 80 years old. I have made several cuttings
which are growing well.

Just wondering how much they sell for please.

What ever you can get.
If you want the highest price, you are probably going to have to tap
into the alternate culture areas as that sounds like a heritage/heirloom
variety to me.

Otherwise, you could see what prices similar "fruit" trees sell for.
Usually based on size of pots.

Also, if you have web space somewhere, put up a captioned photgraph so
people can see how big/little they grow to. You might also want to tell
people what areas/conditions they will grow in.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:55 AM posted to aus.gardens
col col is offline

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 10:01:17 +1000, Terryc
wrote:

col wrote:
How much do raspberry/sugar fig trees sell for ?
We have a 45 year old fig tree out the back which was from a cutting
of a fig tree that was 80 years old. I have made several cuttings
which are growing well.

Just wondering how much they sell for please.

What ever you can get.
If you want the highest price, you are probably going to have to tap
into the alternate culture areas as that sounds like a heritage/heirloom
variety to me.

I've seen them as low as $10 but they are those brown coloured (yucky)
tasting figs. The red sweet figs that I have I've seen as high as
$500. I think $500 a bit much for a plant. Will do some more googling
although not to many sell fig trees in Australia.

The fig tree we have produces the nicest tasting figs I've seen
anywhere. Last summer I took a fair few pics on what the figs look
inside.

The jam we make from the figs is a dark red colour and not the brown
colour you get from commercial fig jam which tastes digusting.

Otherwise, you could see what prices similar "fruit" trees sell for.
Usually based on size of pots.

Also, if you have web space somewhere, put up a captioned photgraph so
people can see how big/little they grow to. You might also want to tell
people what areas/conditions they will grow in.

It may look out of place on my site as I sell computer stuff.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:06 PM posted to aus.gardens

"col" wrote in message

I've seen them as low as $10 but they are those brown coloured (yucky)
tasting figs. The red sweet figs that I have I've seen as high as
$500. I think $500 a bit much for a plant.

What is the variety?