GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Grasshoppers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/164989-grasshoppers.html)

Shag 19-09-2007 07:50 AM

Grasshoppers

Having trouble with grasshoppers eating mint leaves. Help

David Hare-Scott 19-09-2007 01:47 PM

Grasshoppers

"Shag" wrote in message
Having trouble with grasshoppers eating mint leaves. Help

If you don't like the way their breath smells then don't kiss them.

David

loosecanon 19-09-2007 02:40 PM

Grasshoppers

"Shag" wrote in message
Having trouble with grasshoppers eating mint leaves. Help

Turkey's and Guinea Fowl are permaculture solutions. Traps made with yellow
sticky paper are supposed to work also. But I can't verify. Can verify
Guinea Fowl make short work of grasshoppers.

Cheers

Richard

Jonno[_13_] 20-09-2007 12:43 AM

Grasshoppers

Loosecanon wrote:
"Shag" wrote in message
Having trouble with grasshoppers eating mint leaves. Help

Turkey's and Guinea Fowl are permaculture solutions. Traps made with yellow
sticky paper are supposed to work also. But I can't verify. Can verify
Guinea Fowl make short work of grasshoppers.

Cheers

Richard

Bantam chooks are also grasshopper eaters, and they like the minted ones.

FarmI 21-09-2007 10:09 AM

Grasshoppers

"Shag" wrote in message

Having trouble with grasshoppers eating mint leaves. Help

Cover it with old sheer curtain material bought from a charity shop. The
only way to deal with grasshoppers is to exclude them completley and to keep
the mint covered till the grasshoppers disappear.