Old 03-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie[_2_] View Post
I love my own fruit&vegie products from my garden, but I had to put
more than half of my juicy nectarines into the garbage bag last year.
Can anybody give me an organic method of dealing with fruit fly please?
hi there, how did you go with everyones suggestion? some fantastic ideas, i totally agree that hygiene in the garden is very important, have you heard of 'eco lure'? it is the latest product to join the expanding market of 'organic' pest and disease control! i have used it and have eradicated fruit fly from the property completely, using a grid pattern.....i have heard stories of towns eradicating fruit fly by using this product. I think getting the fly at the right time is most important but commonly over looked, when you see the fly, the damage was actually done months before hand and that's when you need to act, a spray regime should be worked out and followed through with, fruit development is different with each tree so do your homework!.....good luck