Old 02-10-2007, 01:11 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Cheap Source of Barley Straw?

I've got an algae problem in my pond and I'm having hassles finding a cheap source of barley straw in Sydney. Bunnings sell 100
gram packs for around $20, but that is an outrageous ripoff. I can't see why it shouldn't cost the same as sugar cane, common
straw or lucerne. The few remaining nurseries around here don't stock barley straw. Any ideas where I might get a bale of it?

Thanks.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:41 AM posted to aus.gardens

Possible solution, buy some barley seed,(produce store or get it at the
local supermarket) and grow your own.
Yellow pages? for produce stores.

Barley straw question elaine Ponds 61 13-01-2011 02:17 PM
barley straw vs oats straw? G & K Meyer Ponds 5 13-05-2004 06:04 PM
Barley Straw Extract for Green Water Algae ? Shawn P. Good Freshwater Aquaria Plants 41 06-04-2004 09:35 PM
Barley Straw tasha Ponds 5 26-11-2003 12:02 AM
Barley straw Gene Ponds 3 12-11-2003 04:42 PM