GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Establishing a lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/165600-establishing-lawn.html)

~Ellie~ 04-10-2007 05:32 AM

Establishing a lawn

Hi! I've decided to start working on our garden... at the moment it's a big bare block of dirt, with weeds starting to rear their nasty little heads everywhere.

I'm attempting to grow a blue couch lawn from seed, one section at a time, due to financial constraints.

I have just one question to begin with, but I'm sure many more will follow

Can I use grey water (washing machine, shower) to water the lawn as it germinates, or will there be too much phospherous, etc in the water? It has already got a lawn starter fertiliser on the soil.

Thanks in advance for any replies!