Old 08-10-2007, 08:22 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Love the lack of water dont you?

"cp" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 17:07:48 +1000, "FarmI" ask@itshall be given
wrote:

"cp" wrote in message
On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 11:36:08 +1000, Terryc
wrote:

jh wrote:

If I was the PM I'd forget about the murrey darling basin and build
each state a couple of desal plants whioch are about $350 million
each. Each plant in Perth caters for about 300,000 people.

1) Little John would rather funds parties than build any infrastruture
for Australia. his legacy is going to be the squandering of the good
economic times that PK lined up.

Water is the responceability of the states as is the hospital system
which is in a god awful mess.

So why is John Howard trying to take over control of the Murray-Darling
Basin?

Personnaly I think he's made a mistake. Time for him to retire
gracefully.

I agree on both those.

I don't like Costello. I would like to see Turnball or
Bishop in the leadership pack with Downer.

I like Costello, Bishop and Downer too but I'd like to see how they operate
without the dead hand of Howard stuffed up their back before I vote Liberal
again.

2) Climate change. To power desal, you are going to need a new coal
fired power station. Nukes are not going to happen in my lifetime.

Power stations are owned by the state governemets, blame them for coal
power station building.

So why did John Howard come home form his last trip to the US and announce
within a week that Australia would have 20+ Nuclear Power Staions?

Its a good idea.

It may or may not be a good idea, but the point that I was making is that IF
power is a State responsibility as you claim, then John Howard should not
have made any announcement about nuclear. He should have left that to the
States. He didn't and no doubt he knows he could probably use the
Corporations powers to overide them if need be.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:24 AM posted to aus.gardens

I don't like Costello. I would like to see Turnball or
Bishop in the leadership pack with Downer.

I like Costello, Bishop and Downer too but I'd like to see how they
operate without the dead hand of Howard stuffed up their back before I
vote Liberal again.

just to bring two equally off-topic parts of this thread together
(SORRY!!!!!! :-) b. bishop was on jjj making a fool of herself the other
week concerning the whole illegal-drug conflagration. whether you like her
or not, she was holding a line that illicit drugs are both "more deadly" and
"create more harm" than those which, by historical quirk, are not illicit.
the other person on with her (one of the drug-dudes from st vincent's in
sydney iirc - i.e. someone whose job it actually is - who is experienced and
informed) held his patience but he was struggling. as was i.

i think it's fair to say that the current crop of liberals (sic) have a
massive and insurmountable problem with being simply unable to stick to the
facts. they're not all dead-set dickheads, but it's definitely a case of he
who lies down with dogs wakes up with fleas. and that does no one any good.
kylie

Old 09-10-2007, 10:12 AM posted to aus.gardens

0tterbot wrote:

i think it's fair to say that the current crop of liberals (sic) have a
massive and insurmountable problem with being simply unable to stick to the
facts.

Naah, they are a bunch of arrogant know it alls who think they know
everything and have nothing left to learn. Well, that is what the
election dribble that they are paying to have distributed locally says.
Guess even the local lberal party members are fed up with them.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:58 AM posted to aus.gardens

Terryc wrote:
0tterbot wrote:

i think it's fair to say that the current crop of liberals (sic) have
a massive and insurmountable problem with being simply unable to stick
to the facts.

Naah, they are a bunch of arrogant know it alls who think they know
everything and have nothing left to learn. Well, that is what the
election dribble that they are paying to have distributed locally says.
Guess even the local lberal party members are fed up with them.

Love that "born to be a liberal" (said it himself) pastyfaced Downer
feller. He does a lot for the labor party.
He not a gardener though he digs up dirt....
Old 10-10-2007, 09:17 AM posted to aus.gardens

"0tterbot" wrote in message

I like Costello, Bishop and Downer too but I'd like to see how they
operate without the dead hand of Howard stuffed up their back before I
vote Liberal again.

just to bring two equally off-topic parts of this thread together
(SORRY!!!!!! :-) b. bishop was on jjj making a fool of herself the other
week concerning the whole illegal-drug conflagration. whether you like her
or not, she was holding a line that illicit drugs are both "more deadly"
and "create more harm" than those which, by historical quirk, are not
illicit.

Ill informed but not surprising.

You will have noticed that regardless of party, regardless of whether they
are bright or dim and regardless of whether we like 'em or hate 'em, they
are all trying to hold a line. It's a doctrinaire, socially conservative
and 'don't rock the boat' line from all of them at the moment. They think
that all of us out here in voter land are stupid. I wish they'd just call
the election so we can get it over and done with.

the other person on with her (one of the drug-dudes from st vincent's in
sydney iirc - i.e. someone whose job it actually is - who is experienced
and informed) held his patience but he was struggling. as was i.

I'd have been throwing something at the radio :-))

i think it's fair to say that the current crop of liberals (sic) have a
massive and insurmountable problem with being simply unable to stick to
the facts. they're not all dead-set dickheads, but it's definitely a case
of he who lies down with dogs wakes up with fleas. and that does no one
any good.

The Liberals (and they are far from being liberal (sic) in any way or form
at this point in time) do have a problem with the facts but then I think
that voters are partly to blame for that. The fact that voters have let
them get away with the lies for so many terms and in some cases (such as the
'queue jumping' refugees) has just encouraged then to keep up feeding us
bulldust.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:46 PM posted to aus.gardens
YMC YMC is offline

Its all about voting for Labor.

Tell me why did Bracks flush down a large chunk of our water supply straight
down the sea?

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...006029,00.html

Labor always screws up the country - look at the damage Whitlam, Cain,
Kirner, Keating (the recession-maker traitor) did.

John Howard is probably going to lose the election and Rudd and Gillard will
take power - then all of Australia will be under Labor control - even the
crazy councils.

Thank goodness, I've retired and paid off my mortgage. Actually, I'm kind of
looking forward to seeing Gillard as treasurer. After a few terms of Labor
in office - I can come back and buy investment properties.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:48 PM posted to aus.gardens
YMC YMC is offline

"Jonno" wrote in message
news:470601c9$0$31115 Thats the Victorian state
We have people being fined huge amounts for minor speed excesses, and call
it speeding...

LOL. And Christine Nixon doesn't have the guts to deal with tough criminals
who go around shooting up like a Wild West town. So she goes after grannies
who do 2km above the 50km speed limit. Easy marks.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:54 PM posted to aus.gardens

YMC wrote:

Labor always screws up the country - look at the damage Whitlam, Cain,
Kirner, Keating (the recession-maker traitor) did.

lol, fixing it more likely. Liberals chuck a party everytime and the
economy turns bad everytime. Labour takes the responsibility of fixing
the problem for the future.

John Howard is probably going to lose the election and Rudd and Gillard will
take power - then all of Australia will be under Labor control - even the
crazy councils.

Hey, that is what the voters recognise that we need to fix this nation

Thank goodness, I've retired and paid off my mortgage. Actually, I'm kind of
looking forward to seeing Gillard as treasurer. After a few terms of Labor
in office - I can come back and buy investment properties.

Lol, you've already missed the first opportunity under Howard/Costello.

today is a garden digging day

Old 11-10-2007, 01:43 AM posted to aus.gardens

The tide comes in and goes out. Both parties end up with their noses in
the feed trough.
Look at Bracks and that lovely ambassador in Italy. Talking about
setting yourself up with "dirty deeds done dirt cheap". in retirement.
Leaving all the hard stuff after being exposed for Talking to Tatts.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:22 AM posted to aus.gardens

Jonno wrote:
The tide comes in and goes out.

Agree. Next thing,the colletive voter stupidity will have descended to
blaming droughts on either party.

Both parties end up with their noses in the feed trough.

Yep

Well, no digging so far, but plenty of firewood stacking

Old 11-10-2007, 05:19 AM posted to aus.gardens

Terryc wrote:
Jonno wrote:
The tide comes in and goes out.

Agree. Next thing,the collective voter stupidity will have descended to
blaming droughts on either party.

The lack of forethought by greedy corporations and government has left
us with no preparation for
storing/having adequate water.
For both a scarce resource means they can charge extra. Even though they
created the situation. The drought helped them.... I never vote for
people who sell of our assets. Look at water, electricity, telephone RTA
Vicroads etc etc.... Its bleeding obvious to me but the collective thats
another thing.
Both parties end up with their noses in the feed trough.

Yep

Well, no digging so far, but plenty of firewood stacking

What good is firewood when you want water to put out a damn fire.(grin!)
Old 11-10-2007, 02:43 PM posted to aus.gardens

"YMC" wrote in message

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...006029,00.html

Typical opinion piece by Andrew Bolt. Unfortunately, the stupid right wing
hack doesn't seem to know about "environmental flows" and that these were an
ititiative put in place by his beloved Federal Liberal Government. But
given that his readers are similarly uninformed they won't care so long as
he has a crack at a Labor Premier - who cares about the facts. The punters
who read him obviously don't.
http://www.environment.gov.au/water/...ers/index.html

Old 12-10-2007, 03:03 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Terryc" wrote in message
Lol, you've already missed the first opportunity under Howard/Costello.

Lol. I bought mine in 1992... cheap thanks to Keating. And sold them two
years back. Should I send a donation to the Labor Party then?

Old 12-10-2007, 03:11 AM posted to aus.gardens

It obvious that any "water initiative" is set up to benefit those who
have brought the utilities. Even the proposed pipeline from Goulburn is
to allow water "swapping" to the highest bidder.
I dont give a stuff who gets in, but I want them to look after the whole
community, and not only those who reckon they're born to rule.
If were doing so well why isn't is apparent with all of us and why are
the employment figures fudged?

I've allready learnt to ignore the "bolt on" Liberal party commentator.
His views are more radical than the anti communist libs that roamed free
all over Australia at one time. They were wiped out when the people
didn't want to take any more crap. We were shown a better way, despite
it becoming increasingly obvious that it wasn't the whole solution when
Fraser stepped in.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:21 AM posted to aus.gardens

No No need , John Howard needs all the help he can get....
No seat, and Costello romps it home, as the leader of the opposition!