Old 12-10-2007, 02:22 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Love the lack of water dont you?

It obvious that any "water initiative" is set up to benefit those who
have brought the utilities. Even the proposed pipeline from Goulburn is
to allow water "swapping" to the highest bidder.
I dont give a stuff who gets in, but I want them to look after the whole
community, and not only those who reckon they're born to rule.
If were doing so well why isn't it apparent to all of us and why are the
employment figures fudged?

I've allready learnt to ignore the "bolt on" Liberal party commentator.
His views are more radical than the anti communist libs that roamed free
all over Australia at one time. They were wiped out when the people
didn't want to take any more crap. We were shown a better way, despite
it becoming increasingly obvious that it wasn't the whole solution when
Fraser stepped in.

FarmI wrote:
"YMC" wrote in message

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...006029,00.html

Typical opinion piece by Andrew Bolt. Unfortunately, the stupid right wing
hack doesn't seem to know about "environmental flows" and that these were an
ititiative put in place by his beloved Federal Liberal Government. But
given that his readers are similarly uninformed they won't care so long as
he has a crack at a Labor Premier - who cares about the facts. The punters
who read him obviously don't.
http://www.environment.gov.au/water/...ers/index.html

Old 12-10-2007, 02:28 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Jonno" wrote in message
No No need , John Howard needs all the help he can get....
No seat, and Costello romps it home, as the leader of the opposition!

In a perverse way, I'm actually looking forward to Labor getting into power.
We'll probably get an interest rate hike to 18% in no time. Then I can buy
investment properties cheaply like I did when Keating was in charge. LOL,
I'm voting Labor. I hope you do too.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:05 AM posted to aus.gardens

You seem to forget, Im a swinging voter.
As far as those far fetched interest rates go, that happened when the
banks were allowed to set their won interest rates and they showed their
general disgust with the general public. overseas banks soon brought in
competitors and the banks soon came to their senses. You cant rip the
heart out of a country and expect them to live.
You have to bleed people slowly. In other words, for those who think
slow like you, dont kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:07 AM posted to aus.gardens

You seem to forget, Im a swinging voter.
As far as those far fetched interest rates go, that happened when the
banks were allowed to set their own interest rates and they showed their

Old 12-10-2007, 03:14 AM posted to aus.gardens

You seem to forget, Im a swinging voter.
As far as those far fetched interest rates go, that happened when the
banks were deregulated and shows you dont know what youre talking
about.. Overseas banks soon brought in competitors and the banks soon

Old 12-10-2007, 08:27 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Jonno" wrote in message
It obvious that any "water initiative" is set up to benefit those who have
brought the utilities.

When it comes to environmental flows, it doesn't benefit those who've bought
the utilities, it benefits the rivers. The rivers will die totally and
irretrievably unless they have those environmental flows

Even the proposed pipeline from Goulburn is
to allow water "swapping" to the highest bidder.
I dont give a stuff who gets in, but I want them to look after the whole
community, and not only those who reckon they're born to rule.
If were doing so well why isn't it apparent to all of us and why are the
employment figures fudged?

Supposedly the way the stats now work is so that they comply with
international standards. That's all well and good and I wouldn't mind at
all if we weren't fed the line of "lowest unemployment figures in 32 years".
They're comparing apples with oranges and the sodding media never seem to be
able to figure out that the counting method has changed.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:29 AM posted to aus.gardens

"wilde" wrote in message

In a perverse way, I'm actually looking forward to Labor getting into
power. We'll probably get an interest rate hike to 18% in no time. Then I
can buy investment properties cheaply like I did when Keating was in
charge. LOL, I'm voting Labor. I hope you do too.

Well I hope you took advantage of the time when Howard was Treasurer. He
still has the distinction of being the Treasurer to have the highest
interest rate at +20%. IIRC, the interest rate got to 21.9%.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:36 AM posted to aus.gardens

wilde wrote:

Then I can buy investment properties cheaply like I did when
Keating was in charge. LOL, I'm voting Labor. I hope you do too.

I bet you didn't have the money to buy any investment properties.

Don't forget Howard has the pathetic distinction of allowing the
highest interest rates that Australians have ever suffered.

Besides that, Howard is the biggest liar that Australia has ever
known - Port Arthur, GST, Children Overboard, Iraq and WMD and
don't forget the $200,000,000 to pull his pathetic brother out
of the shit and the "FREE" Trade agreement with the USA.
Oh, did I mention WorkChoices? LOL... Slavery.
The way he licks Yankee arse is soooooo.... pathetic.

Roll on the election and Bye-Bye Johnny.

I hear he has finally got some guts and may announce it on Sunday?

The sooner the better, good riddance and **** off!

Paul