Old 03-11-2007, 10:02 AM posted to aus.gardens
M M is offline

Default Aerobin composter

G'day All,

Does anyone have any feedback on the new Aerobin compost bin? Supposed
to be designed in Oz and capable of producing good compost even in shade.

Very expensive though. Should I stick to my old no-bottom, black plastic
bin? Major problem with that is it gets infested with curl grubs. From
descriptions on the Aerobin's webpage, it might be proof against such bugs.

M.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:26 AM posted to aus.gardens

After reading the website material I would say , it sounds good.

http://au.blogs.yahoo.com/better-hom...as-seen-on-tv/
Some others comment on this bin
http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/...owtopic=450236

Old 20-11-2007, 10:38 PM posted to aus.gardens

I have been using aerobin since July. After hearing good stories about
it but so far it has not been very successful in breaking down the
waste yet. I think it lacks moisture and I have added some grey water
from washing machine to it. Hopefully it will solve the problem.
On hot days I have noticed a lot of bugs and flies inside it, but
never outside it, there is no noticeable smell either. This is my
first experience with composting.

http://au.blogs.yahoo.com/better-hom...bin-as-seen-on...

COMPOSTER Pkgillespie Lawns 0 05-05-2003 10:57 PM
San Jose/Santa Clara County horse manure for composter. The Gardners Edible Gardening 3 23-04-2003 10:20 PM
COMPOSTER Pkgillespie Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
COMPOSTER Pkgillespie Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:34 AM
COMPOSTER Pkgillespie Lawns 0 02-12-2002 12:06 PM