GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mini hot houses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/166419-mini-hot-houses.html)

Jonno[_9_] 04-11-2007 12:08 AM

Mini hot houses

Some of those computer diskette boxes with the clear plastic lids, for
either the old 5.25 or the later 3.5 inch disks, make great mini hot
houses for seedlings.
Once started the lid can be swung up out of the way.

Mikro 04-11-2007 09:11 AM

Mini hot houses

On Nov 4, 9:08 am, Jonno wrote:
Some of those computer diskette boxes with the clear plastic lids, for
either the old 5.25 or the later 3.5 inch disks, make great mini hot
houses for seedlings.
Once started the lid can be swung up out of the way.

Dammit! That's where they disappeared to. Thanks for the tip Jonno!

Jonno[_9_] 04-11-2007 10:24 AM

Mini hot houses

Yeah, I cant find mine anymore either.
Though some sneaky gardener may have nicked them when I wasnt looking.
Some people hide all the good ideas dont they!!!

HC 04-11-2007 10:38 AM

Mini hot houses

G'day

I've been using strawberry punnets, then when the seedlings get too tall
swing the lid open. By this time they need toughening up a bit anyway.

Another thing I used was the clear plastic scone trays (with lids) that
I bought from Coles. Once I ate the scones, just soaked the labels off
the lid so they didn't block the light and used them as mini hothouses
too.

Don't have any computer boxes, but they are another good idea.
Bronwyn ;-)