Old 08-11-2007, 04:47 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default My Wedding Palm is going yellow.

What causes palm leaves to go yellow at the
tips of the fronds?

PJ

Old 08-11-2007, 06:33 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
What causes palm leaves to go yellow at the tips of the fronds?

PJ

DEVORCE

Old 08-11-2007, 01:46 PM posted to aus.gardens

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
What causes palm leaves to go yellow at the tips of the fronds?

PJ

Can be caused by to much lime in the soil. Won't kill the palm but it won't
look great and not grow as quickly as it should.

Cheers

Richard

Old 08-11-2007, 06:44 PM posted to aus.gardens

g'day pj,

is it the old fronds or the new fronds or the in between fronds that
are going yellow

if it is the oldest fronds then that could be natural progression?

the developed fronds could mena a defficiency ie manganese or
magnesium not sure which, but i think the uusal remedy is to mix some
epsom salts into water and and water that in around the palm.

could also mean too much salt in the soil or the soil could be on the
acid side, with the acid, water in some dolomite at the prescribed
rate.

also how long has the palm been in the ground, if it is in the ground?

if it is a pot then the potting medium needs a boost maybe some slow
release fertiliser and a feed of solluable marine type fertiliser at
1/4 recommended rater or even tip the plant and remove as much of the
mix as you can and repot with a good quality mix maybe into a bigger
pot?

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev