GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pigeons (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/166631-pigeons.html)

[email protected] 11-11-2007 02:10 AM

pigeons

Does anybody know of a humane and ecologically safe method of
poisoning pigeons? We live in a relatively isolated house in the inner
city. It's over run.

They won't eat Ratsack. The just pick out the untreated grain with
which I mixed it.

I propose to supervise the eating, so other birds don't get at the
bait.

Jonno[_9_] 11-11-2007 06:04 AM

pigeons

Get in touch with melbourne city coucil.
They have recently lost thousands and should know.
Otherwise see here http://www.picas.org/pigeon_control/
This may help.
There are some terribly dangerous controls about, so be carefull how
and what you use...

len garden 11-11-2007 06:53 PM

pigeons

g'day,

i ahve on occassions got the pest control people in they have a
specialy treated grain that convinces the pigeons to leave.

worked well.

you do then have to try and do something to stop new pigeons finding a
roost at your place, ies.,. bird proof any spots they can use to roost
or nest in and take away any food source.

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:10:29 +1100, wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--