Old 14-11-2007, 12:08 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default Aji dulce 2 chillis

Has anyone had any experience growing this kind of chilli. They are a
habernero with out the heat. Just received some seeds from USA.. Have
tried to grow regular habs in the past without a great deal of success.
Any tips would be appreciated........I live in WA.
JD

Old 14-11-2007, 08:20 PM posted to aus.gardens

John Dickson wrote:
Just received some seeds from USA..

How did you get on with customs?
I'd be worried about introducing some virus, etc.
Old 15-11-2007, 05:00 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC HC is offline

Terry, that's what I've been curious about because I found some seeds on
ebay that I wanted to buy, and naturally, the seller said it was OK to
import them, he does it all the time!! Sure!! Anyway when I read the
AQIS website I got the impression they couldn't be imported, although
for some species they radiate etc etc but of course, this all costs the
importer.

Curious to hear John's reply!

Bronwyn ;-)

Old 15-11-2007, 08:58 AM posted to aus.gardens

I have been buying seeds from the USA over the internet for 5 or more years
and had no problems. I get them from reputable companies ( not Ebay ) and
they come accompanied with a declaration from the supplier as to the full
description of the seeds and where they were grown. They are usually
opened by the Australian customs and they put a "Passed''
sticker on the envelope. I have been told by the customs dept that
capsicum seeds are OK providing they are not contained in soil.
There maybe some seeds that they will confiscate but I have only ever
ordered tomato and chilli seeds.

John D

Old 16-11-2007, 02:27 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC HC is offline

Thanks John!! Some of the seeds I was interested in buying were
Lithops, I bought various tomatoes from Victoria and Queensland.

Good luck with the Chilli seeds
Bronwyn ;-)

Pepino dulce Sacha United Kingdom 6 18-03-2007 10:23 AM
Aji Amarillo in Austin Thyro Texas 7 08-05-2005 05:19 PM
growing aji dulce nina Edible Gardening 0 18-04-2005 05:12 AM
growing aji dulce nina Gardening 0 18-04-2005 05:10 AM
Pepino Dulce Victoria Clare United Kingdom 18 01-11-2003 07:42 AM