Old 17-11-2007, 09:51 PM posted to aus.gardens
SG1 SG1 is offline

Default pregnant lemon

My lemon tree has conceived for the first time, any special dietary
needs??????

Old 18-11-2007, 02:50 AM posted to aus.gardens

"SG1" wrote in message
My lemon tree has conceived for the first time, any special dietary
needs??????

yeah, get the chainsaw out and give the thing an abortion.. Who is this
prat

Old 18-11-2007, 03:02 AM posted to aus.gardens

"SG1" wrote in message
My lemon tree has conceived for the first time, any special dietary
needs??????

Citrus are fairly heavy feeders, you should fertlise during the growing
season. Use a commercial citrus food or your favourite manure mix (eg dynamic
lifter) if you are organic, whatever it is should have a fair bit of nitrogen
available. I assume that you are in Oz so that is now (unless you just did
it) and again in January. Some will fertilise smaller amounts 4 or 5 times
during spring and summer. Don't over-do it or the leaves will fall off and
your tree will be very sick.

Keep the moisture reasonably even, neither too wet nor too dry. You cannot
help it if you get heavy rain but you should prevent moisture stress from
dryness, or major swings from very wet to very dry, or the reverse. Moisture
shock will reduce production and may make the fruit fall. I don't mean you
should water lightly, deep watering is still the best, just keep an eye on
soil moisture, particularly in hot weather. Mulch heavily but not touching
the trunk.

Inspect every other day at least for leaf miners, grubs and other pests,
especially on new growth. Heavy damage to leaves will reduce your crop.
Spiders are allies.

David

Old 18-11-2007, 11:03 PM posted to aus.gardens
SG1 SG1 is offline

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

"SG1" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks David. Will give it a bit of the pellatised chook poop. The bad news
is most of my much has gone to humus, but I will round up some.
Jim

Old 18-11-2007, 11:05 PM posted to aus.gardens
SG1 SG1 is offline

"bassett" wrote in message

"SG1" wrote in message
My lemon tree has conceived for the first time, any special dietary
needs??????

yeah, get the chainsaw out and give the thing an abortion.. Who is
this prat

Sorry only use the chainsaw on gums near power lines. No abortion for my
tree grew from seed & waited 7 years for it to fruit.

Old 20-11-2007, 05:45 AM posted to aus.gardens

"SG1" wrote in message

Thanks David. Will give it a bit of the pellatised chook poop. The bad news
is most of my much has gone to humus, but I will round up some.
Jim

Gently work in the rotted mulch with the chookpoo. Don't dig down as citrus
have many fairly shollow roots. Add new mulch on top and water in. Good
luck.

David

Pregnant Livebearers Marlene Walters Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 26-07-2004 07:02 AM
One of my amano shrimp is pregnant :D Empty Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 10-03-2004 05:16 AM
Pregnant fantails???? rlb827 Ponds 3 26-06-2003 04:20 AM
? Tumor, or pregnant goldfish? BTC/TAK on ACK Ponds 3 09-06-2003 01:08 AM
Pregnant alligator plant? Lynn A. Gardening 23 10-04-2003 01:32 AM