Old 02-12-2007, 05:59 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Petition asking to be allowed to water vegetable gardens

There will be many using their garden for growing vegetables, and I for
one believe we shouldn't be stopped from watering our vegetable gardens
even though there is a drought as there are many environmental and other
benefits for doing so.
This especially applies to pensioners and disabled people, but not
forgetting those who cannot afford to buy vegetables at ever increasing
prices.
There is a petition on this website, (backed by both Jane Edmundson and
Don Burke) to ask for this to be allowed to happen.
If you agree, you will also help keep vegetable prices down, as I have
noticed, the large grocery stores always drop prices locally so it
doesnt pay to grow your own. So its benefits all around.
Read the information here and sign it online, if you agree:
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...-victoria.html

The Victorian state labor government of course does not agree but should
be ashamed of its no dams policy and backing the privatised water
industry blaming the drought for ever increasing prices.
Now its GM modified foods. I thought they were there to support the people,
Old 03-12-2007, 10:46 AM posted to aus.gardens

The Victorian Premier has considered this idea, and rejected it.
This is what I will do at the next election. I will vote differently.
They are getting up my nose....

Old 03-12-2007, 10:54 PM posted to aus.gardens

Jonno wrote:
[...]

Jonno, Jonno, Jonno,

You obviously just can't see the big picture can you?

Why should we allow these rat bag, tree hugging, greenie, vegetarians to
waste our precious water on their miserable veggy patches?

It is much more important to allow people to fill up their spas and swimming
pools, build temporary swimming pools when we have a purpose built aquatic
centre, and pour millions of litres on to Flemmington race track so the
newly planted (in the middle of a drought) grass would look nice for the
gamblers.

Remember this decision was made by the same mob that turned a prommised
freeway into a tollway.

I don't vote for the state labor party any more either.

PS There was 70mm in our rain gauge after yesterdays down pour in the outer
east, so I won't have to water the plot for a couple of days or three or
four.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:58 AM posted to aus.gardens

I'm sure you were tongue in cheek.
But bugger them rich pool filling literate snakes.
Of course i see the big picture.
I say sic em.
The constitution allows us to use water for subsistance and they can get
stuffed.
Hows that for seeing the big picture. Im not paying parking fines, not
speeding fines, that are screwing the general public who have no idea or
time to fight them.
Actually, I'm quite amused. Who knows the current rules, speed liit or
parking regulations anyway. They have deliberately confused the hell out
of the general public.
No more Mr Nice guy. Its water pistols at 10 paces.
Whoops imitation pistols now cop a jail sentence.
Anyone want to get radical with me?

Old 05-12-2007, 12:40 PM posted to aus.gardens

Jonno writes:
There will be many using their garden for growing vegetables, and I for
one believe we shouldn't be stopped from watering our vegetable gardens
even though there is a drought as there are many environmental and other
benefits for doing so.
This especially applies to pensioners and disabled people, but not
forgetting those who cannot afford to buy vegetables at ever increasing
prices.

That is something that I have for a long time pondered, but I can't see
a way around all the grey areas it would introduce. For example, how
many potatoes would you need to plant in your flower garden before it
could be called a vegetable bed (and the flowers there for companion
planting)? Would a row of carrots each side of a row of petunias allow
you to water the carrots (and unavoidably give water to the petunias)?
Maybe a low-income or disabled householder could be granted exemption,
but this would be open to abuse, too.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:28 PM posted to aus.gardens

I reckon running my water saving front loading washing machine with no
detergent and one sock should overcome the problem....as long as I use
the now "grey water" on my garden. I will be seen to be a devious as
those who run our government, and will fit in completely...

Old 06-12-2007, 12:33 PM posted to aus.gardens

It all boils down to proper intent I guess.
I dont see that a failure to provide dams and water due to the now
privatised utilities and missing out that expansion of out population
would require this is good government.
Better we tax pokies and road speeds. We can eat money after all..