Old 17-12-2007, 03:32 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default What is this please?

Anyone have a clue as to what this little tree is called?
It is about 6 years old and the main stem has died back a couple of times,
then it has again sprouted from the base
Looks to be frost intolerant as after a hard winter, it dies back, but then
replenishes itself in the spring,
It is flowering now, early summer, the leaves are mimosa type

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/c4a0558da1.jpg

Old 17-12-2007, 11:40 AM posted to aus.gardens

"George W. Frost" wrote in message
news
Anyone have a clue as to what this little tree is called?
It is about 6 years old and the main stem has died back a couple of times,
then it has again sprouted from the base
Looks to be frost intolerant as after a hard winter, it dies back, but
then replenishes itself in the spring,
It is flowering now, early summer, the leaves are mimosa type

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/c4a0558da1.jpg

Who bloody knows Uncle George, could be anything, It might be an old
root, that wondered in one dark night and refused to leave five years
later.
But the point is George, what are you doing on here, You know
about as much as I do about this gardening thing'ee, and that's
nothing.
Your loyal nephew, bassett

Old 17-12-2007, 12:34 PM posted to aus.gardens

"bassett" wrote in message

"George W. Frost" wrote in message
news
Anyone have a clue as to what this little tree is called?
It is about 6 years old and the main stem has died back a couple of
times, then it has again sprouted from the base
Looks to be frost intolerant as after a hard winter, it dies back, but
then replenishes itself in the spring,
It is flowering now, early summer, the leaves are mimosa type

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/c4a0558da1.jpg

Who bloody knows Uncle George, could be anything, It might be an old
root, that wondered in one dark night and refused to leave five
years later.
But the point is George, what are you doing on here, You know
about as much as I do about this gardening thing'ee, and that's
nothing.
Your loyal nephew, bassett

Thanks for your reply Bassett, thought that I was going to get an answer to
my question
But asking a question on flowers and petals to the usual crowd, usually
brings an answer from someone who only knows something about bicycle petals

But I have since found out that it is a Albizia Julibrissen, a mimosa plant
or by another name, A Persian Silk Tree.
Maybe that Persian tart who called in a couple of years ago left it here

Glad that is the only thing she left

But in my spare time, of which I dont have much, I have a small interest in
gardening
I do the looking and someone else does the work

Old 17-12-2007, 06:56 PM posted to aus.gardens

g'day george,

i've tried twice now mate and can't get an image all i get is the
promotion of the image site?

i find photo bucket heaps easier to use.

would like to see a pic see if i can help.

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 03:32:37 GMT, "George W. Frost"
wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
Old 17-12-2007, 10:39 PM posted to aus.gardens

wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

Thanks Len, don't know what happened to the link but I have posted a photo
in

aus.binaries.pictures.gardens under "what is this"

I understand now that the tree, shrub is an Aldezia Junibrissin or a Persian
Silk Tree
Very delicate looking flowers and it has been a delicate tree, with a few
branches dying back, but it sprouts from the base each year and survives

Old 18-12-2007, 04:27 AM posted to aus.gardens

wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

Thanks Len, don't know what happened to the link but I have posted a
photo in

aus.binaries.pictures.gardens under "what is this"

I understand now that the tree, shrub is an Aldezia Junibrissin or a
Persian Silk Tree
Very delicate looking flowers and it has been a delicate tree, with a few
branches dying back, but it sprouts from the base each year and survives

I'm very happy that you have worked out what you have, It will make
a nice change for you to have something other than "Dope" growing on
your veranda. "" Add a bit of colour, What""

Anyway enough of this idle chatter, here's hoping you have a good
Christmas Uncle. I was only saying to Aunty, the other day when she
popped in with my weekly "smalls" Uncle George is looking much
better since he dumped you. And just like Aunty would, She nodded
knowingly and agreed. But one thing I must say, she arrived in a
new Ferrari, driven by a young man in dark glasses. Which does
make a nice change from the Donkey cart you drive.
So it seems you have also been replaced... Sorry about that, but
someone had to tell you.

Your loving nephew bassett

Old 18-12-2007, 01:07 PM posted to aus.gardens

wrote:
[...]

Thought that she would never leave, now I can bring out the Rolls

Old 18-12-2007, 08:17 PM posted to aus.gardens

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:39:10 GMT, "George W. Frost" wrote:

I understand now that the tree, shrub is an Aldezia Junibrissin or a Persian
Silk Tree

Albizzia julibrissin

http://www.planetherbs.com/articles/...0customers.htm