Old 29-12-2007, 09:51 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default sick triangle palm

Hi
I have a triangle palm it is over 183cm tall, it appears to be healthy but
its fronds have gone brown & looks to be drying up.
I am in WA it gets direct sunshine until 3.30pm & is watered as often as we
are allowed.
What could be the cause?
Thanks
Sandra

Old 29-12-2007, 06:13 PM posted to aus.gardens

g'day sandra,

triangles are pretty drought hardy. when you water how well does the
water soak in? might be you should get one of the manual post hole
cutter thingies i think you can hire on cut some holes around the tree
and then pop som 2" or 4" of the plastic slotted ag-pipe in so you can
get the water down deeper?

disturbing a bit of the root ball won't unduely upset the palm d this
around the drip line area.

or read the otehr post where greg is having palm problems ther may be
something i said in there to help you?

might need a good feed and we always got good results from using lots
of mulch around them even that chip you get from the tree loppers.

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 18:51:41 +0900, "Sandra Bodycoat"
wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev