Old 30-01-2008, 08:15 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Places to buy mushroom compost and cow manure in Brisbane

I'm looking to boost my garden with either mushroom compost or some fertile
soil. Does anyone know what is best for immediate and long term
improvements and anywhere in South Brisbane that I can buy it?

Does anyone know also where I can buy cow manure or something similar?

--
Regards

Lionel.
Old 30-01-2008, 07:06 PM posted to aus.gardens

g'day lionel,

not knowing where roughly in brissy you are about the best i can offer
is check local papers, the yellow pages, do a search for mushroom
farms that maybe within reach of where you live.

some nursery/landscape suppliers sell it either as direct from the
farm or a value (umm) added product that has had manure added, the
nursery/landscape place at brackenridge used to sell that i used to
sue it a lot in the past unbtil we moved.

now i source it fresh from the farm last price was .50c a bag, there
are retailer of the farm stuff charging between $3 & $4 per bag (a bit
pricey) when they get it for .50c a bag maybe even slightly better,
good money if you can get it hey. nursery over dakabin way sells it
for i think $4.

frequent local sunday markets, you may find a contact there?

that's about the best i can offer.

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:15:32 +1000, Lionel van den Berg
wrote:
snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

Old 31-01-2008, 06:20 PM posted to aus.gardens

g'day lionel,

camp hill a bit far away from rural sort of locations, but also try
the produce agencies there is or was one down capalaba way on old
cleveland road.

not sure you may still find a mushroom farm tucked away in the redland
bay wellington point sort of areas?