Old 01-05-2008, 08:21 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Are you looking at me? - birds can tell - says the study

Birds can tell if you are watching them -- because they are watching
you

http://www.theanalystmagazine.com/may2008/80147509.html

In humans, the eyes are said to be the ‘window to the soul’, conveying
much about a person’s emotions and intentions. New research
demonstrates for the first time that birds also respond to a human’s
gaze.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:46 AM posted to aus.gardens

In article
,
wrote:

Birds can tell if you are watching them -- because they are watching
you

http://www.theanalystmagazine.com/may2008/80147509.html

In humans, the eyes are said to be the Świndow to the soulą, conveying
much about a personąs emotions and intentions. New research
demonstrates for the first time that birds also respond to a humanąs
gaze.

Well, I've seen them at it, so it can't be too hard to pick! Naturally they
are watching for eyes that watch them -- they're prey.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/